• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Dvd

bordy51

Question

I am becoming very frustrated with Version 8. I purchased it primarily to create back-up DVD discs for my pre-recorded DVD's. There are times when the copy turns out fine and other times when the copy does not. In both cases the message indicates the copy was produced with no errors. (how misleading). The other situation is, lately I can only use DL blank discs. So, my guess is there is a way to compact the data on the disc, but how do you do that? I have the 6800 NVIDA GE FORCE 128 MG Video Card and the drivers have been updated.

Is anyone aware of a fix to 8.0? 8.05 would not install. I paid $ 100.00 for this software and I am pretty sick and tired of problems.

Thanks,

bordy51 :)

1 answer to this question

Bordy,

I've found some similar problems with Copy DVD (not exactly yours, but some issues nonetheless). I've reverted to using this menu selection for DVD's - From the EMC 8 Home screen, open up Data, then click on Data Disc. Then add data - Add Folder, browse over to the folder on your hard drive or your inserted DVD, and add the Video_TS folder. Then burn away. I've found this burning engine (I think they are two different engines between the DVD Copy and Data disc programs) to be much more stable, create discs much more reliably.

You didn't mention what happens to the failed burns. In any event, try this out, it might just work for you. I realize the data / folder thing isn't as pretty as the copy DVD selections - but hey, you want this to work right?

As an aside, my problem has been with double layers, I can't burn them at all in the Copy DVD program, but can in the Data disc program.

Oh, and one other thing - the burning might be slow. But again, you want playable discs right?

Archived