• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transition Problems

JayO

Question

I am having problems with some transitions - Bouncing Ball and Wave.

1) Sometimes the ball transition pops before the transition is done and doesn't go all the way off to the right. I have tried to reduce the time and also stopped the motion on the next screen. It has had inconsistent behavior.

2) When I produce the file to an mpg, the transition fades off of the screen, then flash on the screen for a split second immediately. This happens w/ both of the transitions mentioned above. Occurs inconsistently.

Does anyone have suggestions for fixing these?

Side note - this is only one of Many problems I am experiencing with Roxio Easy Media Creator products. I have never encountered a group of software products with so many bugs or that crashes so frequently. My experience with Roxio products has not been a good one at all.

Thanks,

Jennifer

5 answers to this question

I'm interested to know, has this happened to anyone else? I see a lot of people have viewed this, but nobody has answered at all.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Problems with transitions are often associated with your video card. What is it? Update the drivers for it at a) Your computer manufacturer's web site B) You video card manufacturer's web site or c) the chip makers web site.

Some people think that nVidia video chips are more prone to this issue than are ATI chips but that has never been proved. There do not seem to be one for one comparable cards or no one wants to spend the $$ to find out. I switched from nVidia to ATI with a much better card and my images do not mover just before or after a transition. I don't have V8 loaded so I can't check out those transitions.

To find out what your video card is, go to Windows>Start> Run> type in dxdiag> OK. When the window opens go to the display tab. On the left will be the information about your card; on the right will be information about your video drivers.

Post your computer specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature. You may have a video card problem.

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42p, Intel® Pentium® M processor 2.00GHz, 1 GB of Ram.

Sound card - SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio. It says it's by Andrea Electronics Corp, file version 4.0.1.4. Driver date, 6/23/2004. Driver Version 5.12.1.5160.

Display - ATI Mobility Fire GL T2. driver ati2dvag.dll, version 6.14.0010.6476. Date 8/25/04. It also says DDI version 9 (or higher).

Thanks,

Jennifer

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42p, Intel® Pentium® M processor 2.00GHz, 1 GB of Ram.

Sound card - SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio. It says it's by Andrea Electronics Corp, file version 4.0.1.4. Driver date, 6/23/2004. Driver Version 5.12.1.5160.

Display - ATI Mobility Fire GL T2. driver ati2dvag.dll, version 6.14.0010.6476. Date 8/25/04. It also says DDI version 9 (or higher).

Thanks,

Jennifer

Your video chip is your problem. See if there are updated drivers for it.

Archived