kevss

Buffer Underun error

Question

I was burning to Popcorn fine, but now getting this error I can't lick. I've tried the slowest speed 1x and still get it.

10.4. 10

any ideas appreciated.

13 answers to this question

Do you have Buffer Underrun Prevention checked on in the Advanced tab of the Recorder Settings window?

T

any other ideas? Can't lick this. Maybe it's just this ove movie I'm dong, not sure, but can beat it. Says can't set up titles, then error about buffer underun, record at slower speed... which I've done

T

any other ideas? Can't lick this. Maybe it's just this ove movie I'm dong, not sure, but can beat it. Says can't set up titles, then error about buffer underun, record at slower speed... which I've done

No other ideas. My guess is that something in the file can't be read so the burning stops. But that's just a guess. It's one of the reasons I usually choose Save as Disc Image and then burn the disc image using the Image File setting. If there is a problem it will prevent the disc image from being created. Once you have a disc image file there should be no problem with buffer underrun when burning the disc.

Can I do it T?

I have a folder with audio TS and Video TS.

How does one make a disc image, and then burn that?

Can I do it T?

I have a folder with audio TS and Video TS.

How does one make a disc image, and then burn that?

Set everything up the way you do when you burn a disc. Instead of clicking the burn button choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu.

To burn the resulting disc image to DVD select it using Popcorn's Image File setting. Then click the burn button.

Dang T.

Just tried it and got the disc image ok, but had new issue, got stuck on verification. Says sector 1729446 is unreadable.

Maybe the disc is bad after all?......

PS what the point of disc image? what does it solve such problems? thanks

Dang T.

Just tried it and got the disc image ok, but had new issue, got stuck on verification. Says sector 1729446 is unreadable.

Maybe the disc is bad after all?......

PS what the point of disc image? what does it solve such problems? thanks

Try playing the DVD in a DVD player. It could be that the player's error correction will allow it to skip past the unreadable sector. If not, the play back will freeze or stutter.

If you try burning the disc image to a different brand of DVD media (maybe try DVD-RW or DVD+RW so you can erase and reuse it) and still get the error then the problem isn't the media. If you don't get the error it is the media.

There are many reasons for creating a disc image. One that you'll see right away is when you go to burn another disc there is no multiplexing or other preparation required. It's like saving your work just before starting the burn.

Wow, I pulled it out of the trash and was surprised it seemed to look ok, menus and all. So will play it later and look.

I could test more media but I doublt it's that, as media pretty good, and this problem contineus lot. have only tried = or - r now RW.

"One that you'll see right away is when you go to burn another disc there is no multiplexing or other preparation required. It's like saving your work just before starting the burn."

Can you expand on this? I still have yet to get my head around this, ie multilexing, and disc image etc. or vs disc image, ( still don't get either)

"One that you'll see right away is when you go to burn another disc there is no multiplexing or other preparation required. It's like saving your work just before starting the burn."

Can you expand on this? I still have yet to get my head around this, ie multilexing, and disc image etc. or vs disc image, ( still don't get either)

If you are creating a disc that requires some action by Popcorn before the burning starts such as compressing then creating a disc image saves a file at the end of that process. So the next time you burn a disc with the same content you don't need to wait for those things to be done. Disc images are burned using the Image File setting.

Edited by tsantee

So the benefit is if you are burning multiple times as the long compression part is already done! yes! now i'm onto it.

Of course, 99% of time only burn a movie once.

T

today I used the disc image strategy to get a decent burn out of a situation where I got a ERROR message upon writing. and it worked. Only thing is I'm noticing a pattern where there is no audio at beginning of about 1/3 of the tracks for about 30 seconds.

T

today I used the disc image strategy to get a decent burn out of a situation where I got a ERROR message upon writing. and it worked. Only thing is I'm noticing a pattern where there is no audio at beginning of about 1/3 of the tracks for about 30 seconds.

Sorry but I have no clue what could be a reason for that.