• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ready4Refund

Media Suite Deluxe - Invalid product key

Question

I purchased Media Suite Deluxe 9 back on 5/09/07 and after Installing and Uninstalling and re-installing at least 10 times with no luck, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I'm running on Vista Home Basic. I downloaded the two intallation files and installed. At first Cineplayer was giving me a Message, "Missing Application File - Reinstall" and Media Player was telling me to I needed a Codec for "MPEG2". Followed direction and got "Bad Installation" message. There was an Sonic update that came out recently and, after installing, when I try any Application, it tries to Activate coming back with "Invalid product key". I tried using the directions for off-line Activation but the screen does not give me any 25 character code - It's blank where the code should appear. I've contacted Support several times. First tech support gentleman was gonna send me a patch (Never got an e-mail from him!) Next tech support gentleman walked me completely through a different Uninstall Procedure and told me to re-install and all would be OK !! Re-installed and same thing - first got the "Missong Application" message from Cineplayer and "Codec - Bad Installation" from Media player; again, applied the Sonic Update and same results!!

I even went all the way back to Downloading the two Installation files again (maybe the first were corrupt) did a total Uninstall (according to procedure) and Installed again - Same thing!! I saw the following patch in this forum for an install problem:

http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/emc9rmv.zip

Will this help with the Activation "Invalid product key" ??? Or does anyone have another resolution??

HELP Please!!

13 answers to this question

I purchased Media Suite Deluxe 9 back on 5/09/07 and after Installing and Uninstalling and re-installing at least 10 times with no luck, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I'm running on Vista Home Basic. I downloaded the two intallation files and installed. At first Cineplayer was giving me a Message, "Missing Application File - Reinstall" and Media Player was telling me to I needed a Codec for "MPEG2". Followed direction and got "Bad Installation" message. There was an Sonic update that came out recently and, after installing, when I try any Application, it tries to Activate coming back with "Invalid product key". I tried using the directions for off-line Activation but the screen does not give me any 25 character code - It's blank where the code should appear. I've contacted Support several times. First tech support gentleman was gonna send me a patch (Never got an e-mail from him!) Next tech support gentleman walked me completely through a different Uninstall Procedure and told me to re-install and all would be OK !! Re-installed and same thing - first got the "Missong Application" message from Cineplayer and "Codec - Bad Installation" from Media player; again, applied the Sonic Update and same results!!

I even went all the way back to Downloading the two Installation files again (maybe the first were corrupt) did a total Uninstall (according to procedure) and Installed again - Same thing!! I saw the following patch in this forum for an install problem:

http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/emc9rmv.zip

Will this help with the Activation "Invalid product key" ??? Or does anyone have another resolution??

HELP Please!!

Yes that program should fix the invalid key problem.

Edited by Bob Simoneau

Yes that program should fix the invalid key problem.

Thanks Bob !! That's what I was hoping you'd say! AND a quick response, too !!!

I'll try it as soon as I get home from work!

Have a good one!!

The patch that Bob provided me didn't work. I got the same result as before. Anyone with any other suggestions??

Edited by Ready4Refund

The patch that Bob provided me didn't work. I got the same result as before. Anyone with any other suggestions??

I'm having the same issues. I read something about a 9.1 version. I'll just wait now, I would have gotten arefund , but my time had expired.

Sorry that did not work for you. I had done the clean install mentioned here, then when I tried to reinstall I got invalid key. That program worked for me. I suggested it to someone else awhile back, and it worked for them. Do not run from inside the Zip file. Extract to desktop then right click and run as administrator. I am new to this, so I have no other suggestions, short of doing the clean install, then trying that program again.

Sorry that did not work for you. I had done the clean install mentioned here, then when I tried to reinstall I got invalid key. That program worked for me. I suggested it to someone else awhile back, and it worked for them. Do not run from inside the Zip file. Extract to desktop then right click and run as administrator. I am new to this, so I have no other suggestions, short of doing the clean install, then trying that program again.

Also make sure you don't have any antivirus software running, and make sure your system clock is accurate.

Also make sure you don't have any antivirus software running, and make sure your system clock is accurate.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the above suggest. I do not know if it is Vista or the anti-virus program I am using, but I have had more trouble installing software under Vista than I did under XP. In XP, if I thought about it I would turn AV off, but either off or on there was a good chance the application would install ok. Under Vista, there has been a good chance the application would NOT install properly if the AV was on. It might appeared to have installed properly, but the functioning would be flakey at the best. Uninstall software, turn off AV, re-boot (yes I know not necessary but old habits), re-install software and BINGO - it works ok.

Hi and thanks for your response - Who Are You. I've already tried what you suggested (including the re-boot; I'm old school also!) and no difference. I've had customer support walk me thru all different types of Uninstall and Install. Their last comment was gotta wait for the Patch. I told them I'm trying to quit smoking and already on the Patch; didn't even get a chuckle from them!!

Thanks again for trying to help.

Hi and thanks for your response - Who Are You. I've already tried what you suggested (including the re-boot; I'm old school also!) and no difference. I've had customer support walk me thru all different types of Uninstall and Install. Their last comment was gotta wait for the Patch. I told them I'm trying to quit smoking and already on the Patch; didn't even get a chuckle from them!!

Hi,

I am having the same issue. What is your status now? Did you get MPEG-2 actived ?

Thanks

Hi,

I am having the same issue. What is your status now? Did you get MPEG-2 actived ?

Thanks

Hi JoeP,

Still nothing on this. It was left that I gotta wait for the "Patch" - the infamous Patch that's taking forever for Roxio to develop for EMC9 to make it run. I have tried EVERYTHING - Installs and Uninstalls over ten times and all different ways - several with advice from this forum and several times with Roxio Tech Support; all to no avail.

Wish I had better news for you but that's it !!

Gary

You prolly got Norton or some other security software (The Latest version)this stuff is the worst,get rid of it.If you have High speed,then make sure you are behind a router,use AVG Free AV,get rid of all the crappy security software by Norton,Mcafee,ect,The router is the best security you can get

It does nothing but take over your PC corrupt downloads,installs,Its not worth the powder to blow it to hell.

No wonder you cant install

You prolly got Norton or some other security software (The Latest version)this stuff is the worst,get rid of it.If you have High speed,then make sure you are behind a router,use AVG Free AV,get rid of all the crappy security software by Norton,Mcafee,ect,The router is the best security you can get

It does nothing but take over your PC corrupt downloads,installs,Its not worth the powder to blow it to hell.

No wonder you cant install

Hi Caveman440,

I appreciate the advice and you trying to help but I haven't got Norton or McAfee on my system. I learned they were useless years ago. I'm using Microsoft One Care and even with that de-activated while installing or re-installing after COMPLETELY removing EMC9 same results. There is no way to do an activation of any of the modules or getting Cineplayer to work. And, Yes, I have tried activation off-line - No Code appears on the screen that I have to enter to complete the off-line Activation. Also, Video Capture still trying to get MPEG2 - goes out to Actrivate and "Invalid Product Key" - dead in the water. It isn't a matter of not having MPEG2 because I have other software that runs for DVD's, etc that work fine - e.g. - Pinnacle Studio.

Thanks again for trying to help. I'm still waitin' for Roxio to come out with a correction patch or newer version. (Waiting patiently but starting to lose patience.)

Ok I need help also. I called Roxio and they tried to help me then realized I didn't qualify for tech support and I have gone through twolive agents online. I am having the same problem as everyone else invalid key. I purchased my Roxio in 8/07 I had a basic version that came with my computer. I paid 50 bucks and hardly ever used it. Then last week I went to convert a video and that is when I got the invalid key message. Roxio had me do registry cleaner and they even told me the patch everyone is talking about isn't the right one the ecmc something. They gave me another site to go to and I have something called patch on my desktop. They had me close out everything that runs at startup and mae sure no instance of my Nortons was running. My problem is and I am running Vista 32 bit I have the zip file on my desktop and extarcted it but the patch.exe won't install. I double click it I right click and run as administrator the hour glass comes up for a couple seconds then goes away. The EXE file will not install. I don't know what is wrong. If I could just get this patch to install. I guess I am just out 50 bucks and won't use this program. I bought it to convert my Tivo files which it didn't do anyway so I should of just stayed with the basic. But I wonder why it won't let me install double click it and it stops and doesn't do anything.

Rose

Edited by Rose4uKY