• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
fapp

HP D5160 .JWP Files

Question

I have worked out settings to create EMC V9 Label Creator JWP files which allow printing directly to disc using the HP D5160 printer. To allow EMC V9 Label Creator to print directly to disc you must create some files with the JWP extension. Don't panic, these are only text files with this extension.

Below are the parameters to "cut and paste" into a text file, using say Notepad. Save the file and then change the extension to JWP. After the files are created then copy them into the C:\Program Files\Roxio\Label Creator 9\Page Files\ folder and then when you choose the HP D5160 printer in the File\Print menu, click on properties for the printer and choose Print Directly To DISC. Clicking on the OK will bring you back to the Label Creator Print menu, where you may now pick a template to use from a drop down. There are various Epson printers that come with EMC V9, and now, there will also be the HP D5160 templates.

The following are the parameters for several HP D5160 JWP files, which are for various types of DISCs. As always, no warranties are provided, by this provision of information, please use with the proper caution and forethought.

hp-D5160STD.jwp (Standard, normal CD/DVD disc that does not provide print area up to the inner hub)

[Page Description]

/* Internationalize everything after name = (that line only)*/

Name= stringRef:HPD5160STD

Paper Height = 13.6

Paper Width = 13.6

Number of Views = 1

; 1 for print directly to disc

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.35 6.47

Inner Radius = 2.1

Outer Radius = 5.8

hp-D5160CD.jwp (Standard, normal CD disc that does not provide print area up to the inner hub)

[Page Description]

Name= stringRef:HPD5160CD

Paper Height = 13.6

Paper Width = 13.6

Number of Views = 1

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.35 6.47

Inner Radius = 2.1

Outer Radius = 5.8

hp-D5160DVD.jwp (Standard, normal DVD disc that DOES provide print area up to the inner hub)

[Page Description]

Name= stringRef:HPD5160DVD

Paper Height = 13.6

Paper Width = 13.6

Number of Views = 1

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.35 6.47

Inner Radius = 1.24

Outer Radius = 5.8

hp-D5160mini.jwp (Standard, mini disc that does not provide print area up to the inner hub)

[Page Description]

Name= stringRef:HPD5160mini

Paper Height = 13.6

Paper Width = 13.6

Number of Views = 1

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.35 6.47

Inner Radius = 1.2

Outer Radius = 3.8

I hope this is of assistance in using this printer.

FAPP

5 answers to this question

Great information... Now if we could only get Roxio to include this for more printers. I'll have to see what I can do to get this to work with my Epson R1800.

Now if I can only figure out the 'page size' and 'offset'. ;) And where did you find the stringref?

Edited by ggrussell

Great information... Now if we could only get Roxio to include this for more printers. I'll have to see what I can do to get this to work with my Epson R1800.

Now if I can only figure out the 'page size' and 'offset'. ;) And where did you find the stringref?

GGRUSSELL,

The HP D5160 uses a tray similar to the Epson R200 (which I had prior to the HP for disc printing), so I made a page size to cover the tray around the hub where you place the disc. For Epson, if you look at the Epson JWP files in the C:\Program Files\Roxio\Label Creator 9\Page Files\ folder, they appear to use the same page size over and over. In particular check the EpsonStylus960R300.jwp file. This is where the "stringref" parm comes in since it simply names the printer covered by the parms in that file. Just a guess, but i would cut and paste the EpsonStylus960R300.jwp parms into a new notepad file, save it as EpsonR1800disc (or some such), remove all the stringref's, but one, and change the one to the name of the file, and give it a whirl with a test print to disc. You may have to make some adjustments, but the parms seem to be pretty consistent across models.

To answere the stringref question, I figured that one out by culling through the jwp files to investigate their workings. Good luck and good printing!

FAPP

Thanks, tried that though. The Epson R1800 printer driver came back and complained that the paper setting was wrong. So although the R1800 is very similar to the R800 , how it handles the CD/DVD tray isn't. No big deal. I can always use the Epson software which works fine.

I had developed a .jwp under Version 7 to work with my Epson R320 for hub printable media. You might be able to experiment with it and modify it to work with your system - if the 1800 uses something similar to theEpson R3xx series.

---------------------------------

[Page Description]

Name= stringRef:EpsonR300Hub

Paper Height = 29.7

Paper Width = 21.59

Number of Views = 1

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 7.40 6.62

Inner Radius = 1.1

Outer Radius = 5.80

----------------------------

But I'm with you about the Epson print package for their cd/dvd printers - it works great and I use it all the time.

Edited by rich86

Great work FAPP! I got Roxio Label Creator 9 working for my HP D5160 with your instructions. I will need to fine tune the offset values to get the print centered on the disk. I have been using another product called Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker and it also needed offset tweaking to get the print centered. The software that HP supplies with the D5160 works but does not allow tuning the print offset and always printed off-center.

Thanks again,

Allen

Thank you, Thank you, Thank You,

I struggled with this inability to print from my HP D5160 printer directly to printable CDs/DVDS for a long time before fortunately stumbling onto this remedy.

This remedy works equally well with Roxio Creator 2009. Just create the JWP files and add them to the 2009 page files folder which in my case is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\11.0\Label Creator 11\Page Files.

It is that simple. Thanks for sharing your fabulous remedy.

Bob