danshedd

Install Error 0643

Question

:(:angry2::angry: I am somewhere in the mix with these guys. I have spent close to 20 hours of my time between multiple downloads and failed installs. I have spent enough time that it has been 3 weeks without getting it installed and last Friday the disks finally showed up in the mail. I have downloaded the MS clean up and completely uninstalled the program twice. I have taken the disks and reinstalled 4 times...I am to the point now where I have actually involuntarily memorized my installation code!

The same thing happens every time: error 0643 and then the installation stops and rolls up the installation and I am nowhere, again.

I am attempting to install in a DELL XPS M1210 running VISTA Business.

Any thoughts as to why this won't install as the "professional" techs at ROXIO don't seem to have an answer.

thx,

dan

4 answers to this question

:(:angry2::angry: I am somewhere in the mix with these guys. I have spent close to 20 hours of my time between multiple downloads and failed installs. I have spent enough time that it has been 3 weeks without getting it installed and last Friday the disks finally showed up in the mail. I have downloaded the MS clean up and completely uninstalled the program twice. I have taken the disks and reinstalled 4 times...I am to the point now where I have actually involuntarily memorized my installation code!

The same thing happens every time: error 0643 and then the installation stops and rolls up the installation and I am nowhere, again.

I am attempting to install in a DELL XPS M1210 running VISTA Business.

Any thoughts as to why this won't install as the "professional" techs at ROXIO don't seem to have an answer.

thx,

dan

I too have this issue <_<

To both: List your system specs in your signature, similar to how I have mine listed.

Actually I just did a "clean install" again. This time I used the microsoft uninstall utility downloaded from microsoft and I did a few extra steps not mentioned in the clean install directions.

In addition to deleting everything beginning with Roxio and Sonic, I also deleted items which were bundled with the Roxio softaware for example Xingtones.

When the setup analyzed my system, it told me what I still had installed which still needed to be uninstalled. I kept repeating the setup/uninstall sequence until the setup detected no further components which needed to be uninstalled.

The setup then ran cleanly and completely.

Actually I just did a "clean install" again. This time I used the microsoft uninstall utility downloaded from microsoft and I did a few extra steps not mentioned in the clean install directions.

In addition to deleting everything beginning with Roxio and Sonic, I also deleted items which were bundled with the Roxio softaware for example Xingtones.

When the setup analyzed my system, it told me what I still had installed which still needed to be uninstalled. I kept repeating the setup/uninstall sequence until the setup detected no further components which needed to be uninstalled.

The setup then ran cleanly and completely.

That is good to hear! Thanks for posting your success.