Unable To Upgrade

mrpcrook

Question

I live in UK and I can not upgrade my version of Creator 8.(Purchased of the shelf)

I am told "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.""

Also if I use the check for upgrade I get nothing.

PLEASE Help advise

I have already removed and re installed

6 answers to this question

I live in UK and I can not upgrade my version of Creator 8.(Purchased of the shelf)

I am told "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.""

Also if I use the check for upgrade I get nothing.

PLEASE Help advise

I have already removed and re installed

First, you can't use the upgrade that is up on the main website. It is for the U.S. version.

Also, check what your version is now. You may have the latest update already. Go to Creator Classic, click on Hlep, then click on About. If the build number starts 8.05....., you are already updated.

I just purchased/installed MC8 and joined the BIG crowd of people that get to watch their computers reboot and scandisk EVERY time a DVD program is selected.

I note that "support" offers a 114MB "update."

Is this a big "patch" by another name?

Anyway, how does a dial-up guy download ANYTHING of 114 MD?

My ISP shuts me down LONG before the download gets part way!

No offers to sell me a CD with the fix (if this is a fix?).

I just purchased/installed MC8 and joined the BIG crowd of people that get to watch their computers reboot and scandisk EVERY time a DVD program is selected.

You will be very lucky to get any help around here is you slam insults around like this...

ASK NICELY...

And just for your info my7551, this site is suppled by Roxio, BUT not managed by them, and infact they are rarely on here so dishing them openly go's on deaf ears... if you have an issue that you want solved, post the thing and let USERS LIKE YOU try to help.... or if you are still pissed then use the Roxio contacts to the left and go pester them.... but just leave it out here....

They DONT read this site... so whats the point...

And now on a nice side, post your location and possible courier address and someone local may send you one if you are lucky....

Also don't keep reposting just to complain Are you outside the US like the other poster? If so, here is now a patch for the "out of US" version. I've already offered some suggestions; are you willing to try one of those? There is also some free software that will restart downloading software if the download is interrupted. Does it matter if it is a patch or a update as long as some problems are fixed?

Actually, I've seen a lot of people talking about the spontaneous reboots but I can't remember any that have said that there disc repair needs to run. As I asked before, do you have two or more packet writing programs on your computer?

I note that "support" offers a 114MB "update."

Is this a big "patch" by another name?

Anyway, how does a dial-up guy download ANYTHING of 114 MD?

My ISP shuts me down LONG before the download gets part way!

No offers to sell me a CD with the fix (if this is a fix?).

You have the latest so there is no patch. There are about six main programs that have to do with audio and audio conversion. If you wouldn't mind, start a new thread with the information you have provided regarding your computer and with the name of the program in EMC 8 you are using. In Sound Editor, once you have added all the tracks, you can convert them all at once by exporting "all the tracks" in what ever format you selected.

I also live in the UK and bought EMC 8 off shelf and it is version 805B56B. Although this may be the latest version when converting CD's to MP3 I can only convert 1 track at a time although all tracks are selected.

I have an AMD 3200 with 512Kb. This apears to be a problem that might need a patch. Or is it me!

Archived