Upgraded From 7 To 8, Burned Dvd Not Play In Top-set

peaces1

Question

Hi All,

I have been very successful in burning DVDs from mpg files (recorded from my DVR) using EMC 7.xx.

I am using a Plextor PX-740A with Memorex DVD+R DL media. (Please no comments about using Memorex, I will also try Verbatum but prior to the version change I had no problems.)

The only reason I have upgraded to EMC 8xx was to take advantage of the DL discs and not having to cut my longer than 120 min files in half.

Since upgrading all of my newly burned discs will play in any of my computers but not in my DVD player connected to my TV.

Litterally nothing in my chain of recording (hardware) has changed. The only change is upgrading to version 8.

Any suggestions as to some things I need to look at in finding my solution?

I have upgraded my Plextor firmware. I have made the setting change in EMC 8 that I want one offs (no rewritable DVDs).

Thx for any suggestions...

14 answers to this question

Hi All,

I have been very successful in burning DVDs from mpg files (recorded from my DVR) using EMC 7.xx.

I am using a Plextor PX-740A with Memorex DVD+R DL media. (Please no comments about using Memorex, I will also try Verbatum but prior to the version change I had no problems.)

The only reason I have upgraded to EMC 8xx was to take advantage of the DL discs and not having to cut my longer than 120 min files in half.

Since upgrading all of my newly burned discs will play in any of my computers but not in my DVD player connected to my TV.

Litterally nothing in my chain of recording (hardware) has changed. The only change is upgrading to version 8.

Any suggestions as to some things I need to look at in finding my solution?

I have upgraded my Plextor firmware. I have made the setting change in EMC 8 that I want one offs (no rewritable DVDs).

Thx for any suggestions...

If it plays fine on your computer, its your standalone DVD Player. It may not accept that format that is created. Some Standalone DVD players are very picky.

If it plays fine on your computer, its your standalone DVD Player. It may not accept that format that is created. Some Standalone DVD players are very picky.

I expected this to be one of the responses that I would get. However, explain to me why when using ver 7.xx the DVDs play just fine in the stand alone. As I said, nothing changed in my process except for the upgrade.

The computer, the burner, the media and the stand alone machine all stayed the same. I burned a DVD at 7am this morning with ver 7xx and it plays in the stand alone. I upgraded to 8xx at 9am and burned a new DVD and it does not.

So I am looking for what is in ver 8xx could the player not like? What settings should I look at in ver 8?

thx for any help on this...

It it was only the upgrade, that is probably not it. I had orginally thought you were trying to use a file created in version 7.5 for 8.0 that youy created a DVD

HAve your tried different media?? Some stand alone players are very picky. Read your owners manual (stand Alone Player) for media it accepts.

I will go buy some different media and give it a try. I still find it odd that over the past 3 days I have burned 9 movies using the media I have and the stand alone has no problem reading it. The only change is installing ver 8.

Thanks for the idea... what you are implying is ver 8 handles the media differently and the stand alone is reacting to that.

I hope after getting a different media the results are different.

Also, I have burned a (test) DVD from the original (HD) file using ver 8 that I had burned this morning using ver 7 with the same PC, same burner, same evrything... the one I burned with ver 7 reads just fine in the stand alone. The new one burned after the upgrade to 8 does not.

Once again, nothing changed except the upgrade.

I have tried playing the newly burned (with ver 8) DVDs on three stand alone players. All three have specs saying they play DVD+R media (which is what I am using) and none of them will play my DVDs.

These same DVDs will play on four PCs I have tested with using different DVD programs.

I guess if there is not a setting in ver 8 that I have worng, I will uninstall it and go back to ver 7 that worked just fine. However, that is not my preference.

Thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out.

I have exact same problem. Mine wont play in certain DVD players in my house. But at first they wouldn't play in any of them. I burned from iso at lowest burn speed and it now works on some of my players. Try the lowest burn setting.

And yes I went the same upgrade route as you. Tried all the steps you mentioned as well.

Nothing...

Recorded the movies on PVR.

Captured them to a laptop.

Copied them to the PC.

Using ver 7, I brought into MyDVD and burned directly to the DVD+R DL with no problem.

Upgraded to ver 8 and have tried burning from the same files both directly to DVD and going to ISO then copy to DVD. Every burn that I have done since ver 8 will play fine on any computer I try. But do not (Stand Alones say "Can Not Play Disc") on the three units I have tried. All units say they play DVD+R discs.

Unable to go buy different media for several days. I either have a setting wrong or ver 8 treats the media differently. It's as if the DVD is not closed. (Yup, not using RW)

Archived