• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Increasing the Output Volume on MyDVD or VideoWave?

DDGNF

Question

Is there a way to increase the volume on my video clip that I am editing...the output is a bit quiet and I would like to crank it up via editing...how can I do that? It is not a separate audio track like music or voice over.

Thanks for the help.

1 answer to this question

Open Videowave. load the file; if not already in Timeline view, switch to timeline. Right click on the clip, click tracks.. check Native in the list, click OK.

You should now see the native audio track. Click on it to highlight it, right click on it, click edit. An Audio Editor window opens in which you can adjust overall volume and several other options (bass/treble, cleanup, etc.). You can also adjust the sound level on sections by clicking on the blue line, adding nodes and dragging these up or down as appropriate. You can also preview the audio file there to ensure that by increasing the overall volume you have not introduced clipping in the louder parts. When done, click OK.

Save the project (the original file is not changed), which you can then add in MyDVD if you want menus, etc..

Archived