• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Arranging Files By Modified

csrredcoat

Question

I am trying to import mp3 files to make a mp3 DVD. I need them to be in the order I created them. When I choose arrange by modified, they do not come through in the right order that they were modified or created. I tried to copy and paste from Windows Explorer, but that doesn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks

1 answer to this question

I am trying to import mp3 files to make a mp3 DVD. I need them to be in the order I created them. When I choose arrange by modified, they do not come through in the right order that they were modified or created. I tried to copy and paste from Windows Explorer, but that doesn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks

You're dealing with a Windows issue here. In fact, on a data CD, we don't necessarily know the physical location of a given file. Just because they're listed as being an "abc" order in the layout, they don't necessarily have to be in that order on the disc. (Audio CDs are an exception, those tracks must be in the physical order they're listed.) Consider this, with the disc you have, if you examine it in Windows Explorer, and see the files in the "normal" alphabetical order, and now click on the list to show them in date or time order, they'll appear as you want, but you haven't changed anything about how they are on the disc.

I believe that ECDC does place the files in the order you see, which is an alphabetical order. To change that, you'll have to name the files accordingly. The easiest way is to prefix the name with a number. Keep in mind that if you need to use leading zeros to keep the proper order. That is, if you'll have over 100 files, list them as: 001 file.mp3, 002 file.mp3, 003 file.mp3. If you don't they'll get order as below:

1 file.mp3

10 file.mp3

11 file.mp3

19 file.mp3

100 file.mp3

2 file.mp3

20 file.mp3

21 file.mp3

3 file.mp3

etc.

Hope that helps!

Archived