skiadikt

could not record because not enough memory

Question

"could not record to disc because there was not enough memory" result code -108

i get the above error when attempting burn a dvd from a video_ts file. i'm using toast 7 on a mac running 10.3.9. the video_ts file is 2.5 gb so there shouldn't be any memory issues. i burn tons of dvds using toast 7 and this only the second time i've gotten this error. could there be a problem with the video_ts file that's causing toast to think there isn't enough memory. interestingly no one else who's attempted to burn this particular file has reported a problem. thanks.

5 answers to this question

This error happens when the VIDEO_TS folder is missing something that its IFO file expects to be there. For example, if doing something other than a full disc extraction with a ripping application. Your VIDEO_TS folder is incomplete.

Hi,

Is there a way to "heal" the broken TS folder?

You could try placing the VIDEO_TS folder in the Data window with DVD-Rom (UDF) selected as the format. This won't allow you to do the fit-to-DVD compression but may let you burn it as is.

Alternatively you could use MPEG Streamclip to extract the MPEG video file from the VIDEO_TS and use that file in Toast (using DVD video as the format in the Video window). Toast will author a new VIDEO_TS folder and create its own menu as part of either Save as Disc Image or burning to DVD. To do this open a VOB title set in Streamclip and choose Convert to MPEG.

Great suggestions....... Thanks !

I seem to be having problems duping DVD's that have been created on a consumer DVD/VCR recorder using DVD+RW media. I get the "could not complete the action because not enough memory" message as well as other error messages when I try to make a disc image, make a copy and even just copy the files from the DVD to a hard disk. These DVD+RW discs play just fine, I just can't seem to do anything with the data when I use either Toast 7 or even the finder.

Is there a general issue with DVD+RW media that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Pete D.

You could try placing the VIDEO_TS folder in the Data window with DVD-Rom (UDF) selected as the format. This won't allow you to do the fit-to-DVD compression but may let you burn it as is.

Alternatively you could use MPEG Streamclip to extract the MPEG video file from the VIDEO_TS and use that file in Toast (using DVD video as the format in the Video window). Toast will author a new VIDEO_TS folder and create its own menu as part of either Save as Disc Image or burning to DVD. To do this open a VOB title set in Streamclip and choose Convert to MPEG.

Is there a way to "finalize" the disc using the standalone recorder? That may be the step that's missing so the book type gets set properly.

My first thought is to use MPEG Streamclip to extract the MPEGs from the DVD+RW if it can. If it can't then try the Toast Media Browser to extract the MPEGs.