Having CD-R problem.

OneEyeLucky

High Guys.

My problem is so unique; it has no place of its own, here in the forum. So I'm just going to throw it in here and let the moderator sort it out. :unsure:

Whenever I try to burn pic into a CD this is the error that I get.

UNTITL1.jpg

Note: Burning music is fine; its only when I try to copy picture or other files into CD, using regular copy/paste routine.

I'm using three different brand name, brand new, blank CDs, so its not CDs problems.

OK. Now, my question is this: The only Roxio product which I use is the Cineplayer for watching movies. I do not use any other product from Roxio. also, I use WMP for burning music CDs, and thats it.

On the bottom of the error dialog (If you look at the picture) it says "CD software developed under licence from Roxio, Inc" This is a SAMSUNG model (SH-S183L) CD-R/DVD-R Combo. I don't know why I have to come here and asking this, But the little info on the bottom of the error dialog tells me Roxio has something to do with this, and therefore, I must check with them.

I'm so fresh out of idea, I'm open for any suggestions out there.

Thanks in advance.

High Guys.

My problem is so unique; it has no place of its own, here in the forum. So I'm just going to throw it in here and let the moderator sort it out. :unsure:

Whenever I try to burn pic into a CD this is the error that I get.

Note: Burning music is fine; its only when I try to copy picture or other files into CD, using regular copy/paste routine.

I'm using three different brand name, brand new, blank CDs, so its not CDs problems.

OK. Now, my question is this: The only Roxio product which I use is the Cineplayer for watching movies. I do not use any other product from Roxio. also, I use WMP for burning music CDs, and thats it.

On the bottom of the error dialog (If you look at the picture) it says "CD software developed under licence from Roxio, Inc" This is a SAMSUNG model (SH-S183L) CD-R/DVD-R Combo. I don't know why I have to come here and asking this, But the little info on the bottom of the error dialog tells me Roxio has something to do with this, and therefore, I must check with them.

I'm so fresh out of idea, I'm open for any suggestions out there.

Thanks in advance.

You ae using the built in XP burning software. You have a multitude of programs running, according to your screenshot. Shut all of them down, before burning, and see if that helps.

You can also see if there is anything helpful in the Microsoft Help files.

It's Roxio's burning engine that Microsoft uses in Windows.

Why it won't write I'm not sure.I don't really use that function of XP.

One thing you could check is to go to the icon you're dragging your files to and right click.Go to properties and look for "allow recording to this drive" or something like that.I'm on a Vista machine right now so I can't quote it exactly.

Have you tried other blanks?Make sure you're firmware for the drive is the latest.

Your computer is not 'seeing' the CD OR it believes that there is something already on the CD.

Writing to a CD using WindowsXP can be a challenge.

Your best guide would be the Start\ Help and Support. Type ' write to cd' in the search window and read up on the various ways to write to a CD using the built in Windows writing tool.

I'm not going to attempt to explain it because every time I use the built in WinXP CD writing, I have to read the Help file to remember how to do it successfully. :(

Archived