• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

80004005 Error while encoding movie

Humph

Question

I bought Creator 9 last week and created a dvd project but when burning it to a dvd it encodes the first of 4 chapters but then comes up with this error note. The first chapter without the intro burns perfectly but none of the remainder do. I have tried doing just one chapter at a time and one of the four works. I have spent a fortune registering with the Tech Guys, buying a new graphics card (nvidia geforce 6200) and have carried out every windows update and driver update known to man. I have read every mention of this problem and have tried every solution mentioned that seems to work for everyone else but not for me!

Could there be a fault with the 3 chapters that aren't burning? I would be eternally grateful to anyone that can offer a solution!

Many many many thanks in advance,

2 answers to this question

I bought Creator 9 last week and created a dvd project but when burning it to a dvd it encodes the first of 4 chapters but then comes up with this error note. The first chapter without the intro burns perfectly but none of the remainder do. I have tried doing just one chapter at a time and one of the four works. I have spent a fortune registering with the Tech Guys, buying a new graphics card (nvidia geforce 6200) and have carried out every windows update and driver update known to man. I have read every mention of this problem and have tried every solution mentioned that seems to work for everyone else but not for me!

Could there be a fault with the 3 chapters that aren't burning? I would be eternally grateful to anyone that can offer a solution!

Many many many thanks in advance,

Just so we have the semantics correct. A chapter is like a chapter in a book; it is also a place in a video file. A movie is just that; it is a mpg2 or other video file or it is a VideoWave project which can be a slide show or a video project. A movie can have more than one chapter.

I think what you are describing are files/projects/movies. If so, put them one at a time in Video Wave and then chose to output the project (film reel icon) to a mpg2 file best quality for DVD. Let the project encode to the mpg2 file. It it stops, note the time. Look at the project in that time frame because there is something there that the program doesn't like. It could be anything from a DRM protected audio file, a bad mp3 files, poor timing on a transitions, and probably a hundred other things. But with the knowledge of when it happens, you should be able to track it down quickly. One you have the four encoded to the mpg2 file, simply add that as the movie in MyDVD.

You said that you have search these forums for that error and found several hits and tried them all So I won't repeat those as possible cures. As you know, most of the times you get that error if your hardware is not up to the task. For now make sure you have gone to the top menu in VideoWave or MyDVD and select tools then options and put a dot near software. Forcing the program to hardware render will cause crashes if you card can't handle it.

Archived