• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Almost Burnt

BobFL

Question

:blink:

My projects get almost finished then hang. The status bars show each clip is completed, and burning is about 90% finished, when everything stops, and the computer hangs up. The DVD appears to have been written on, but can't be read either by the computer or my player. My projects contain several clips of both MPEG and WMV formats. They all play fine in edit mode, and look good on the monitor as burning is proceeding. By Roxio's report, I'm using about 2/3 of the available DVD space with these projects.

I've opened my Roxio DVD9 Studio through the menu (vs the home page), checked my DVD and video drivers.

What next?

Dell Inspiron 8600, 1.4 Gig Intel Pentium, 60 Gig hard drive, 512 Meg memory, Nvidia GeForce Fx Go 5200 display, Windows XP Pro SP2. 20 empty Gigs on the drive.

Tail end of the last two logs:

BurnerState_BurningImage: 74/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 75/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 76/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 77/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 78/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 79/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 80/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 81/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 82/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 83/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 84/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 85/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 86/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 87/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 88/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 89/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 90/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 91/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 92/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 93/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 94/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 95/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 96/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 97/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 98/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 99/99

Second Log:

BurnerState_ClosingProject: 15/99

GEV_PLASMA_STATE_CHANGE : PLASMASTATE_CLOSED param2 = 0

BurnerState_ClosingProject: 100/99

State Change Time 00:19:35 : Elapsed Seconds 2.16

[ nextState ] BurnerState_ClosingProject ==> BurnerState_BurningImage 1 / 1

BurnerState_BurningImage: 0/99

burnParams.ulLayerSwitchAddress = 4294967295

BurnerState_BurningImage: 0/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 1/99

BurnerState_BurningImage: 2/99

ERROR: [burnerState_BurningImage] -- hr = c20100ea

.\RxBurnerPx.cpp(319): *** Error Failed to start the image writing operation = AS_StorageDevice_WriteImage(device, AS_StorageDevice_Raw::Image_ISO, 0, as_wstrImagePath, ProgressFunc, this)

BurnerState_BurningImage: 100/100

State Change Time 00:24:14 : Elapsed Seconds 278.71

[ errorAbort ] BurnerState_BurningImage ==> BurnerState_Aborting 1 / 1

ERROR: [burnerState_Aborting] -- hr = 80004003

.\DSBurner.cpp(714): *** Error 80004005 = m_spGraphMgr->StopGraph()

InvalidateDriveEntryInCache(D)

>>> Burner inactive, hMutex = 0x00000b10 <<<

State Change Time 00:24:15 : Elapsed Seconds 0.70

[ nextState ] BurnerState_Aborting ==> BurnerState_Completed 1 / 1

GEV_LVM_MEDIA_ARRIVED : param1 = 68, param2 = 0

InvalidateDriveEntryInCache(D)

4 answers to this question

Does your Disc Copier look like the attached image? If so, you should be able to browse for the folder set that you made and select it.

You can try the Video Compilation and see if that works.

Grateful for everyone's input. Reviewing Roxio's offerings, I see and went the cheapest route on MyDVD and it doesn't include disk copy. Since this is so much fun (challenge), I'll upgrade and continue my efforts.

Try 'burning' to an image file (.iso) on the hard drive first and then opening that with Disc Copier or Creator to write to the optical drive.

That way the computer can concentrate on the render with the burn coming after rather than trying to do both at once

Let us know if that works or if you still have a problem with incomplete rendering

Try 'burning' to an image file (.iso) on the hard drive first and then opening that with Disc Copier or Creator to write to the optical drive.

That way the computer can concentrate on the render with the burn coming after rather than trying to do both at once

Let us know if that works or if you still have a problem with incomplete rendering

Thanks for above. I tried this, but following another thread here, chose to burn to folders, which isn't quite your advise. It took 2 1/4 hours, so folders seemed a good choice.The This was successful (at least it finished) and I ended up with a folder named RoxioPlasma with two datatbase files, and a Video_TS folder with what looks like the video files. Now I can't find anything in Roxio to process these. I have MyDVD 9 Studio. The disk copy only wants to target video files (not what's in my folders) and I can't find anything in MyDVD to burn to disk.

I'm prepared that it's right under my nose, or that I need an "upgrade" which seems to be offered at every menu click. Or, do I just burn the same project again, this time choosing "burn to disk". In that case will it use the rendered files it finds?

Can anyone nudge me another step forward?

Thanks for above. I tried this, but following another thread here, chose to burn to folders, which isn't quite your advise. It took 2 1/4 hours, so folders seemed a good choice.The This was successful (at least it finished) and I ended up with a folder named RoxioPlasma with two datatbase files, and a Video_TS folder with what looks like the video files. Now I can't find anything in Roxio to process these. I have MyDVD 9 Studio. The disk copy only wants to target video files (not what's in my folders) and I can't find anything in MyDVD to burn to disk.

I'm prepared that it's right under my nose, or that I need an "upgrade" which seems to be offered at every menu click. Or, do I just burn the same project again, this time choosing "burn to disk". In that case will it use the rendered files it finds?

Can anyone nudge me another step forward?

Does your Disc Copier look like the attached image? If so, you should be able to browse for the folder set that you made and select it.

You can try the Video Compilation and see if that works.

post-81-1184159608.jpg

Archived