• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
bjkaufman

Creating An Intro

Question

I created an intro and a full production in Video Wave. I've now gone to DVD builder to create my final production. I imported my Intro and Production into DVD builder. The drop down menu in the upper right shows that I have an Intro and a Title Menu. When I click on each of them they both appear and both will play in preview mode. When I burn a DVD, however, the Intro never shows up, only the main production is there. How do I get the Intro to burn on the dvd? Is there some way the two are suppose to be linked?

4 answers to this question

I created an intro and a full production in Video Wave. I've now gone to DVD builder to create my final production. I imported my Intro and Production into DVD builder. The drop down menu in the upper right shows that I have an Intro and a Title Menu. When I click on each of them they both appear and both will play in preview mode. When I burn a DVD, however, the Intro never shows up, only the main production is there. How do I get the Intro to burn on the dvd? Is there some way the two are suppose to be linked?

Did you add your Intro using the "Add Intro Title" option? If yes and it did not work, then can you give a more detailed step-by-step listing of exactly what you are doing. The Intro should play when you insert the DVD into your DVD player and after its finished playing, the main menu screen should appear. Once the menu page appears you cannot return to the Intro without ejecting and inserting the DVD again

I've never had that happen Walt. Once I develop the intro it always seems to play with the DVD. However, I'm not sure what the OP means when he suggests he "Imported" the intro. Isn't the intro made in DVD builder ? Anything made in VideoWave should already be included when you go to DVD builder unles I am mistaken or am not reading the OP's problem correctly.

Frank..........

I've never had that happen Walt. Once I develop the intro it always seems to play with the DVD. However, I'm not sure what the OP means when he suggests he "Imported" the intro. Isn't the intro made in DVD builder ? Anything made in VideoWave should already be included when you go to DVD builder unles I am mistaken or am not reading the OP's problem correctly.

Frank..........

Frank,

the Intro is played before the main menu of your DVD appears. Other then that it is just like any other title of your DVD production. You can create it within DVD Builder or in videowave, use any mpeg, dmsm, avi etc. You have to specifically select what you want your Intro title to be in DVD Builder. Videowave can only be used to create a project to use as an Intro title.

Edited by myguggi

Maybe your DVD player starts playing directly from the DVD menu? Some DVD players do that... my old one used to. In the encoding process, it should say that it's encoding 1 title for menu, 1 title for each title on the menu, and 1 title for the intro. If counted up well, then it is on the burned DVD. Try pressing the "intro", or something of such, on your DVD controls.