• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Builder Problem

hulahoop

Question

Sooo, I have the same problem as everyone and his dog, it seems!

But after following the advice on the forums I still can't get DVD Buider to load.

Now that I've restored IE6 (I use Firefox) and WMP 10, EMC7 says it is loading the components for DVD Builder then just goes back to the menu screen.

I can load a DVD builder project and I get the screen but just like before I cannot add any new titles, and locks up.

I have turned off Windows defender, in case that was the problem, (it was installed recently) with no luck.

I have also tried the repair option from control panel and a new install.

I'm running XP on a Dell Dimension.

Any and all suggestions welcome, since I no longer have any hair left to pull out! (Curse you Microsoft!)

9 answers to this question

Thanks, I'll give those ideas a go and let everyone know how I'm getting on.

I've only ever had WMP 10 so I don't think I can "go back" to 9, and I followed the instructions for uninstalling 11 to the letter, so no luck there.

Wish me luck!

Have run SpyBot and my antivirus, defragged my drive, tried hot fix (no luck)

and run repair, and reinstall.

Still no luck! I must admit I am lost!

If possible, you could try rolling back to WMP 9 and see if that works. I don't know what else to tell you.

Did you use the method to remove, as spelled out, in the following URL? You have to scroll down to get to the Uninstall portion.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../11/readme.aspx

I have turned off Windows defender, in case that was the problem, (it was installed recently) with no luck.

I'm a bit suspicious that Windows Defender might have changed some settings on your computer.

Check to make sure that it didn't turn on Data Execution Prevention... Go to your Windows\ Start\ Performance \ System\ Advanced\ Performance Settings\ Data Execution Prevention and make certain that it's set for Windows only or Add DVD Builder to the programs Windows will run.

You might also want to try disconnecting from the internet and turning off virus programs, pop up blockers, etc. to see if one of them is interferring. Exit from each program separately and then try launching DVD Builder to see if you can find the problem.

Sooo, I have the same problem as everyone and his dog, it seems!

But after following the advice on the forums I still can't get DVD Buider to load.

Now that I've restored IE6 (I use Firefox) and WMP 10, EMC7 says it is loading the components for DVD Builder then just goes back to the menu screen.

I can load a DVD builder project and I get the screen but just like before I cannot add any new titles, and locks up.

I have also tried the repair option from control panel and a new install.

I'm running XP on a Dell Dimension.

Any and all suggestions welcome, since I no longer have any hair left to pull out! (Curse you Microsoft!)

What version are you running? If it is the Retail version of EMC 7, then make sure you have the latest update.

Then, get rid of all malware/spyware on your computer with a free version of AdAware or Spybot.

Then, defrag your hard drive.

If all that fails, download and install the file in the following URL:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/hotfix/emc71hot1.exe

Archived