Distorted audio playback.

bothered

Question

Hi all,

I recently had to reformat and reinstall EMC 7.5, had no problems with it before. I captured a video from my Panasonic NV-GS250 camcorder then opened Videowave to edit it. The audio sounded like the input level was many times too high, it is severely distorted and very loud. While it was capturing the audio was fine and windows media player has no such problem with the file. Also, if I double click it in the media selector it also plays fine. The problem only seems to be in playback in Videowave and DVD Builder, the actual file seems OK in anything else. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Do you have an integrated sound card? Some were a problem with EMC 7.5, and the solution was to reduce the acceleration in the Sound portion of dxdiag.exe, then download and install the latest drivers for the sound card.

If that works, go back into dxdiag, and set the sound acceration back to full.

Thank you for replying,

My motherboard is an Asus A8n SLI Premium which uses Nvidia nforce audio. The driver is dated 19\6\07. It is the same set up I had before that worked with no problems. Like I say, it must have recorded ok, the distortion is only through Videowave or DVD Builder playback.

Any suggestions guys?

Go ahead and render the video and record it to disc and see how it turns out. As I recall, most folks found that the final DVD was fine, and in most cases, the solution was an update to drivers for the sound card. It's possible, in your case, that a driver update came in from Windows that messed things up? Maybe you'll need to check with ASUS, or Nvidia for an older driver to solve the problem.

Thank you for replying,

My motherboard is an Asus A8n SLI Premium which uses Nvidia nforce audio. The driver is dated 19\6\07. It is the same set up I had before that worked with no problems. Like I say, it must have recorded ok, the distortion is only through Videowave or DVD Builder playback.

Any suggestions guys?

Hi all,

I recently had to reformat and reinstall EMC 7.5, had no problems with it before. I captured a video from my Panasonic NV-GS250 camcorder then opened Videowave to edit it. The audio sounded like the input level was many times too high, it is severely distorted and very loud. While it was capturing the audio was fine and windows media player has no such problem with the file. Also, if I double click it in the media selector it also plays fine. The problem only seems to be in playback in Videowave and DVD Builder, the actual file seems OK in anything else. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks.

Do you have an integrated sound card? Some were a problem with EMC 7.5, and the solution was to reduce the acceleration in the Sound portion of dxdiag.exe, then download and install the latest drivers for the sound card.

If that works, go back into dxdiag, and set the sound acceration back to full.

Archived