1080i/p, PS3 Auto-start

civdig

Question

Hello

Been lurking on the forum for several days now collecting information and reading post as I make my decision to purchase DVDit Pro HD. Got a couple of projects coming up that my testing shows the quality I want using red laser DVD-R on HD-DVD or JVC SRDVD100 in not happening. Read through postings on player reliability, compression settings and all manner of things and DVDit Pro HD looks good for my purposes. Three questions elude me though and I would appreciate peoples observations and experiences.

First, plan to use ProCoder 2, have downloaded the settings for successful non transcoded import into DVDit Pro HD. Don't see mention of 1080p just interlaced 1080i 29.97. The DVDit Pro HD manual mentions 1080p 60, anybody tried that out, results and what compression tool?

Going to get a PS3 for playback testing, looks like I should be shure to have firmware 1.7 or better. Can anyone tell me can the PS3 power-up and play an inserted DVDit Pro HD disc? What about after a power outage?

Have read a post or two about DVDit Pro HD compatibility with the Pioneer burners, anybody using the Pioneer BDR-202?

Really appreciate any insight, Thanks!

Matt

1 answer to this question

Hello

Been lurking on the forum for several days now collecting information and reading post as I make my decision to purchase DVDit Pro HD. Got a couple of projects coming up that my testing shows the quality I want using red laser DVD-R on HD-DVD or JVC SRDVD100 in not happening. Read through postings on player reliability, compression settings and all manner of things and DVDit Pro HD looks good for my purposes. Three questions elude me though and I would appreciate peoples observations and experiences.

First, plan to use ProCoder 2, have downloaded the settings for successful non transcoded import into DVDit Pro HD. Don't see mention of 1080p just interlaced 1080i 29.97. The DVDit Pro HD manual mentions 1080p 60, anybody tried that out, results and what compression tool?

Going to get a PS3 for playback testing, looks like I should be shure to have firmware 1.7 or better. Can anyone tell me can the PS3 power-up and play an inserted DVDit Pro HD disc? What about after a power outage?

Have read a post or two about DVDit Pro HD compatibility with the Pioneer burners, anybody using the Pioneer BDR-202?

Really appreciate any insight, Thanks!

Matt

The firmware was never the issue but it's a good idea to have the latest possible and the PS3 patch for DVDit HD. I know the PS3 will auto play if a BD disc is already in the drive but not sure about a BD-R/RE, I think it would still play it. As far as a power failure, somebody will have to turn the PS3 on, it really doesn't have a "hard" on/off switch.

Archived