• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

drag to disc writes a autostart file to a blank cd/dvd

greenhow

Question

After writing some files to a blank dvd ,I then wanted to burn a dvd film onto a blank dvd inserted a blank dvd into the burner when drag to disc then wrote a autostart file to the dvd rendering the disc u/s for burning as it is now not a blank dvd.

Have to uninstal drag to disc in order to burn out the film , as anyone had this problem???.

Any help appreciated

Tony :angry:

2 answers to this question

After writing some files to a blank dvd ,I then wanted to burn a dvd film onto a blank dvd inserted a blank dvd into the burner when drag to disc then wrote a autostart file to the dvd rendering the disc u/s for burning as it is now not a blank dvd.

Have to uninstal drag to disc in order to burn out the film , as anyone had this problem???.

Any help appreciated

Tony :angry:

No need to uninstall it, although that is the first thing I did, after I installed the EMC 9 suite.

You can disable it through msconfig, and then you should not have any problems.

There is no option in D2D to automatically format a blank disc!

However if you use Explorer to transfer a file to a blank DVD (or CD) while D2D is active, it is going to assume you want to use D2D and format it as such!

Frankly the legitimate use of D2D or any other packet writer is very, very limited these days. I would second GPB's suggestion of disabling it or go one better and uninstall it.

Archived