will not burn audio cd

carlben

Question

I have Roxio 7.0. Just recently, for no apparent reason, I am unable to use Creator Classic to burn audio or data (photos) CDs. Everything appears to be working fine but when I check the supposedly successfully burned CD, it is blank. I do seem to be able to copy an audio disc using disc copier. What could be this sudden problem after many months of successful burning.

I have a Dell computer with windows xp, and plenty of memory and storage. The CD burner is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Carl

4 answers to this question

I have Roxio 7.0. Just recently, for no apparent reason, I am unable to use Creator Classic to burn audio or data (photos) CDs. Everything appears to be working fine but when I check the supposedly successfully burned CD, it is blank. I do seem to be able to copy an audio disc using disc copier. What could be this sudden problem after many months of successful burning.

I have a Dell computer with windows xp, and plenty of memory and storage. The CD burner is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Carl

This, from your April post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry115710

Update the firmware for you burner, and if you still have the same problem, get a new burner.

Carl: I had a somewhat similar problem in January this year -- you can read all about it

in EMC 7 / 7.5 - General Discussion

While removing Napster, I had also unintentionally removed the "Roxio burn engine", so things were sorta messed up.

My Gateway's Restore function made resolution quite simple.

There are probably a few other ways to cause the same symptoms; I'll try to not explore them.

Larry

Albuquerque NM USA

Thanks, Larry. I just got finished removing Roxio and then re-installing it again and then re-downloading the updates and everything appears to working fine so far. I tested by burning one music CD and one photos CD and both came out OK.

Carl

Carl: I had a somewhat similar problem in January this year -- you can read all about it

in EMC 7 / 7.5 - General Discussion

While removing Napster, I had also unintentionally removed the "Roxio burn engine", so things were sorta messed up.

My Gateway's Restore function made resolution quite simple.

There are probably a few other ways to cause the same symptoms; I'll try to not explore them.

Larry

Albuquerque NM USA

Archived