• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Media Creator 9 problems

Stu Austin

Question

Good afternoon everyone. Going through all or most of topics looking for solutions is a chore. I bought this program a while back just so I could use the Cenplayer to watch dvd movies. Tonight I decided to see what else this Media Creator program could do but have run into a lot of problems. But one thing I did do first was to see if there were any updates. I did download the Backup mypc deluxe update and the first thing I noticed was the disc icon on my desktop has the drive letter missing and in its place it says "No Recorder" but before installing the update the drive letter was there.

Upon trying to open Photosuit, I get runtime errors and it won't open. Upon trying to open Videowave, it says cannot load skins. I have tried opening these programs from both the start menu and from the Roxio home inside its program with Nortons firewall and security center disabled. I have also noticed now that when I try to open anything, my computers speed goes from a space shuttle to a model T. I'm not too worried on getting everything running smoothly, but I do want to get this Media Creator to do what its suppose to do. On a side note, can this program be uninstalled safely and can I just install the Cenplayer only because that is all I need right now. If nothing else, I'll just bite the bullet and purchase Cenplayer separately. Thanks.

13 answers to this question

I uninstalled Creator 9 and anything that has to do with Roxio so that I could do a fresh reinstall and now I have a major problem.

My dvd rom and cd rom are not able to be accessed. I have gone into the properties, tried an update (with no luck), deleted the driver and let windows reinstall the drivers and still cannot access the drives.

I uninstalled Creator 9 and anything that has to do with Roxio so that I could do a fresh reinstall and now I have a major problem.

My dvd rom and cd rom are not able to be accessed. I have gone into the properties, tried an update (with no luck), deleted the driver and let windows reinstall the drivers and still cannot access the drives.

Try this, even though it says it is for EMC 8:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4194

Thankyou so much!!! I got the drives back. Quick question. Is there a removal tool that will completely remove all Roxio products from the computer? I went through my add remove programs and I think I got rid of everything. What I want to do is just install (reinstallation of Creator 9) 1 feature at a time and see what happens. I'll wait for your reply before I do anything else. Thanks.

Thankyou so much!!! I got the drives back. Quick question. Is there a removal tool that will completely remove all Roxio products from the computer? I went through my add remove programs and I think I got rid of everything. What I want to do is just install (reinstallation of Creator 9) 1 feature at a time and see what happens. I'll wait for your reply before I do anything else. Thanks.

You can do a clean unintall/reinstall, but I don't have the link on how to do it, handy.

You can do a clean unintall/reinstall, but I don't have the link on how to do it, handy.

*** CLEAN INSTALL LINKS ****

XP: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Vista: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000127CR

Hello again. I did not get the link in time but do have good news. On an earlier install of Creator 9, it was suppose to uninstall a Roxio Sonic Mydvd and I thought it did do it when it said it was. I went back into my programs looking for anything having to do with Roxio and did find the program Sonic and I went ahead and deleted it.

Stuck the Creator 9 disk into the drive and commenced to do a custom install. The programs I did not install were the backup my pc portion and the Xtone ring thingy. After letting it install the rest of the programs, I brought up Creator 9 and now am able to work in Videowave and Photosuite with no problems.

This install seemed completely different that the first time I installed it for the first time. Maybe the backup and the Media content 9 were what was messing everything up. Thanks for all the help and rapid response. You all have a good day.

Hello again. I did not get the link in time but do have good news. On an earlier install of Creator 9, it was suppose to uninstall a Roxio Sonic Mydvd and I thought it did do it when it said it was. I went back into my programs looking for anything having to do with Roxio and did find the program Sonic and I went ahead and deleted it.

Stuck the Creator 9 disk into the drive and commenced to do a custom install. The programs I did not install were the backup my pc portion and the Xtone ring thingy. After letting it install the rest of the programs, I brought up Creator 9 and now am able to work in Videowave and Photosuite with no problems.

This install seemed completely different that the first time I installed it for the first time. Maybe the backup and the Media content 9 were what was messing everything up. Thanks for all the help and rapid response. You all have a good day.

You are welcome, and make sure you turn off that Norton when you do video work.

Ok, I'll take your advice and turn off Norton when doing video work but I want to play with the video with Norton enabled to see something. Heres why. A while back I was having problems with other programs due to Norton. With getting good tech support from them and doing what they wanted me to do for troubleshooting and still could not resolve the problem, as a last resort I used their removal tool and removed all of their products. Upon reinstallation of Nortons, I decided not to install GoBack. All of my problems went away in other programs I was running or trying to run. I'm just want to run Nortons with video editing just to see if I have any problems. If I have any problems, I'll disconnect my cable modem and shut down Nortons completely. If I have no problems, I'll report back here saying everything is running smoothly.

Ok, I'll take your advice and turn off Norton when doing video work but I want to play with the video with Norton enabled to see something. Heres why. A while back I was having problems with other programs due to Norton. With getting good tech support from them and doing what they wanted me to do for troubleshooting and still could not resolve the problem, as a last resort I used their removal tool and removed all of their products. Upon reinstallation of Nortons, I decided not to install GoBack. All of my problems went away in other programs I was running or trying to run. I'm just want to run Nortons with video editing just to see if I have any problems. If I have any problems, I'll disconnect my cable modem and shut down Nortons completely. If I have no problems, I'll report back here saying everything is running smoothly.

Let us know if it works. I am running Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premium. I have never installed Go Back, in all of the versions that I have had. I have not had problems with Norton, except WinDoctor, with EMC 9 Deluxe. No problems at all with the regular version of EMC 9.

Good afternoon everyone. Going through all or most of topics looking for solutions is a chore. I bought this program a while back just so I could use the Cenplayer to watch dvd movies. Tonight I decided to see what else this Media Creator program could do but have run into a lot of problems. But one thing I did do first was to see if there were any updates. I did download the Backup mypc deluxe update and the first thing I noticed was the disc icon on my desktop has the drive letter missing and in its place it says "No Recorder" but before installing the update the drive letter was there.

Upon trying to open Photosuit, I get runtime errors and it won't open. Upon trying to open Videowave, it says cannot load skins. I have tried opening these programs from both the start menu and from the Roxio home inside its program with Nortons firewall and security center disabled. I have also noticed now that when I try to open anything, my computers speed goes from a space shuttle to a model T. I'm not too worried on getting everything running smoothly, but I do want to get this Media Creator to do what its suppose to do. On a side note, can this program be uninstalled safely and can I just install the Cenplayer only because that is all I need right now. If nothing else, I'll just bite the bullet and purchase Cenplayer separately. Thanks.

Vista or XP? I think that update was for Vista owners only but it should not have caused your problems. It is for V 9.1xx (fully tested version). If you have the XP version, it is 9.0XX. First try restoring you computer to before you added that update. If you bought the program directly from Roxio, I believe they still have the 30 satisfaction guarantee. Look at the Vista part of the forum and you'll probably find a solution if you can't restore.

If you have a lot of music, videos and/or images on your hard drive,

1) disable or remove Media Manger's watched folders or

2) select which folders it is watching or

3) Wait until it catalogs every file and folder on your hard drive.

That's a big resource hog so while it is doing its thing, it slows the computer to a crawl. The computer is searching your hard drives while you are opening programs and may already have other programs open so your CPU is probably maxed out.

Did you have an earlier version of CinePlayer on your computer? If you did and didn't remove it, there may have been a conflict. You should remove one or the other.

There are instructions for a clean install, just search on this forum.

Make sure you have updated that video card and also Microsoft's DirectX 9c. I seem to remember some people with that card having problems rendering in hardware mode but you are not even to that process.

Archived