Unlinked Play All not working

Scotty-G

Question

Am a total newbie to using this EMC9 and just made my first DVD of a home movie using MyDVD

Added an Intro Movie with a Transition

Added unlinked button and retitled "Play Movie"

Added movie project using VideoWave to edit the source video

Generated chapters of the movie project

Renamed button "Chapters"

Changed Link settings on unlinked button to:

Go To: All Movies In Project

After Playing: My Menu

Then burned DVD

Put the newly burned DVD into my DVD Player (and computer DVD too)

Took a long time to start up Intro Movie.

After Intro Movie screen when black for about 5 sec before jumping to the Menu.

Select "Play Movie" and movie goes blank for about 5-10 sec and then starts playing Intro and then jumps to Chapter 2 - skipping Chapter 1.

Select "Chapters" and go to sub menu. Select Chapter 1 and screen goes blank for about 5 - 10 sec and then plays Intro and then plays Chapter 1.

What I want is to select Play Movie and it jumps to the beginning of the movie - not replay the intro and not skip to chapter 2. When I select Chapters I want it to give me chapter menus (which it does) and when I select a chapter, it goes to that chapter - not take so long to switch.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, what settings I might have set incorrectly?

Thank you

8 answers to this question

Did everything in the link but still have the same problem.

To add, I now have a yellow band running vertically down the middle of the screen on playback.

I don't see it in preview mode but I do see it when i play back the DVD on the computer as well as other DVD players.

I'd start looking at your media - what do you use? You might also look at updating the firmware for your burner. Run DVD Info plus to get the information and check for burn errors.

Did you burn directly to disc or did you go through the ISO method? Try that (encode to ISO file and then copy it to the DVD)

Thank you for the feedback thus far.

My harddrive is a new external usb2.0 linked 170GB drive that has nothing else on it but the souce files (~3GB).

I looked at the source video on the opening sequence and it has the yellow streak in it. Re-downloaded from the camera and this time it wasn't there so that was fixed (for now...)

On my last go round of rendering the only problem I have left is that when I select Play Movie (unlinked button assigned to play movie) it jumps to chapter 2 instead of starting with playing chapter 1 (beginning of movie).

Try another method. Granted what I do ends up being exactly what you have, but always seems to work for me. This is the olde method before we had the 'unlinked' button feature.

Open MyDVD

Add your video files

RENAME this button 'Play ALL' or whatever

Copy it to the clipboard

Move it slightly

Paste the button back

Rename this one 'Select Scenes' or whatever.

Right click on this button and Edit Chapters.

Done

Technically, you have two buttons that point to the same file. One plays the entire file. The second will take you to a submenu to choose a chapter. Has never failed me.

I'm using TDK DVD+Rs and +RWs. Firmware is up to date.

There were no burn errors.

Instead of burning to a disc or .ISO, I burned to a folder (DVD\VIDEO_TS\). Even when I play the files using Media Experience I get the same problems as with the disc. The biggest issues are selecting play movie and it jumps to re-play the intro and then pauses and then jumps to chapter 2 (skipping chapter 1) as well as the long pauses between intro / menu , menu / play movie when I select that button, & menu / chapters when I select that button.

Re-applied background and re-processed. Yellow lines went away but other problems still persist.

I'm using TDK DVD+Rs and +RWs. Firmware is up to date.

There were no burn errors.

Instead of burning to a disc or .ISO, I burned to a folder (DVD\VIDEO_TS\). Even when I play the files using Media Experience I get the same problems as with the disc. The biggest issues are selecting play movie and it jumps to re-play the intro and then pauses and then jumps to chapter 2 (skipping chapter 1) as well as the long pauses between intro / menu , menu / play movie when I select that button, & menu / chapters when I select that button.

Re-applied background and re-processed. Yellow lines went away but other problems still persist.

Now it sounds like there is a PAL/NTSC issue. Make sure you have selected the correct one for where you live before starting on the MyDVD project. The US uses NTSC_M. Go to File and then Project Settings when you open MyDVD.

What other programs do you have running while you are doing the video work? Make sure that you do not have your ANTI-VIRUS running. Also make sure that you have a lot of free space on a very recently defragged disk.

Did everything in the link but still have the same problem.

To add, I now have a yellow band running vertically down the middle of the screen on playback.

I don't see it in preview mode but I do see it when i play back the DVD on the computer as well as other DVD players.

Hi, Scotty-G,

In your original post, you indicated you set the unlinked "Play Movie" button to Play All Movies in Project. MyDVD seems to interpret that to include the Intro movie. If you only have one Title (besides the Intro) in your project, try setting the unlinked button GO TO: to the name of that title, rather than All Movies in project. I think that will fix at least one of your problems.

Hope that helps.

Archived