DVD Printers?

lowellgeneral

Question

Greetings-- I have only been able to burn DVDs using DVD+RWs 4x using Roxio EMC 7. I'd like to buy a disc printer & am confused about how these printers work. Can anyone recommend a printer? Is there a such thing as a printable DVD+RW 4x? I sure as heck couldn't find one easily. All help appreciated. Thanks!

8 answers to this question

If your Roxio EMC 7 will only burn 4x using DVD+RWs. You have other problems. Try updating the DVD Burners firmware or the DVD+RWs are only rated for 4x speed?

CD DVD Inkjet Printer,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...CMP=OTC-17exta6

The HP Photosmart D5160 is a InkJet Printable printer.

I know of no printable DVD+RWs.

Printable DVD-R Blank Media - Inkjet and Thermal Printable Compatibility

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvdr-inkprint.html

Printable DVD+R Blank Media - Inkjet and Thermal Printable Compatibility

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvd-plus-r-...-printable.html

cd

I recall other people have had similar issues with burning using EMC 7 from past posts (I lurk & learn)!

I have no problem at all using Imation DVD+RW x4, but DVD+R absolutely would not work. I have a Sony iLink DVD+-RW+-R so it should burn all types of DVDs... I confess to being better at producing, directing and editing than tech. By updating firmware do you mean I should update the iLink drivers? All help appreciated.

Good all around information and links that cd gave you. Your printer should print DVD+R or minus R media if everything is correct as far as the printer installation and hardware settings. Yeah, go to the website of the drive you have and see if they have an updated firmware for your printer. Firmware is information on the drive that tells the computer what it can and can't do. If that doesn't help, you might have other problems.

BTW, I have the HP D-5160 printer and it works perfect. I have ordered some blank media from the website that cd posted and they print perfect. The only think about the printer that I didn't like was the print software that comes with it. It's pretty basic, so I also bought the "Acoustica" software and it is really great and works with the HP printer.

Frank...

I recall other people have had similar issues with burning using EMC 7 from past posts (I lurk & learn)!

I have no problem at all using Imation DVD+RW x4, but DVD+R absolutely would not work. I have a Sony iLink DVD+-RW+-R so it should burn all types of DVDs... I confess to being better at producing, directing and editing than tech. By updating firmware do you mean I should update the iLink drivers? All help appreciated.

See if this Roxio KB article helps you.

Greetings-- I have only been able to burn DVDs using DVD+RWs 4x using Roxio EMC 7. I'd like to buy a disc printer & am confused about how these printers work. Can anyone recommend a printer? Is there a such thing as a printable DVD+RW 4x? I sure as heck couldn't find one easily. All help appreciated. Thanks!

Could you please start by telling us exactly what dvd burner you have and exactly what media you are using?

Are you actually using rewritable dvd media? Maybe it is only 4x media - which is not that uncommon? We need to determine the maximum speed capability of your burner for the media you are using before assuming this is a problem.

I have and use an Epson R320 printer - which has the option and ability to print directly onto inkjet printable media. It works very well and the results are excellent looking.

To answer your original question......

DVD printers print directly onto a printable surface on the DVD. Usually the DVDs have a white surface that will absorb the ink. It's a good alternative to having to attach labels.

I've searched, but I cannot find any DVD RW's that are printable. You can find +R and -R DVDs from major manufacturers.

As to a recommendation for a printer.... the models change so quickly that it would be hard to recommend one.

Archived