Dvd Problem

dk5290

Question

I hope someone has an answer. EMC8 is driving me nuts!!! Here is my problem. I edit my movie in videowave. Send it to MyDVD. Burn it to an ISO file. Use Disc copier to burn the ISO to a CD (Memorex DVD-R), but it plays alright on my computer DVD player but only on certain stand alone DVD players. I decided to try a different brand of CD, so I tried Maxell DVD-R. EMC8 will not even write to Maxell disc!! It keeps coming up with errors every time I put a Maxell disc in. I unloaded EMC8 and loaded Nero back up. Nero is what came with the DVD Burner. Nero not only burned the movies to both brand of disc's , but the disc's play on all four of the stand alone DVD players that Roxio EMC8 would only play on one of the four. The reason I went to EMC8 was that the Nero program that came with the burner was limited in what it could edit. I've had Roxio products in the past and have never had any problems with them and thought I would get EMC8 to edit my movies. I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled EMC8 only to go right back to the same problems. Right now I'm about ready to use EMC8 for a coaster. When I was deciding to purchase EMC8 I was told by a Sonic sales rep. that EMC8 was compatible with any DVD burner. I know in the past Roxio products were only supported by certain brands and models of burners, but the rep. stated Roxio had corrected that problem and that EMC8 could be run with any burner. I'm I doing something wrong or am I wasting my time with EMC8. My OS is WinXP Pro. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Have you updated the firmware for your burner? That has solved the problem for many people. V 8 pretty much requires that the firmware and drivers be updated for it to run properly. BTW, creating the ISO file is the best way to go. Also try a different brand of disc. Pick up a couple of RW so you can experiment with them.

I hope someone has an answer. EMC8 is driving me nuts!!! Here is my problem. I edit my movie in videowave. Send it to MyDVD. Burn it to an ISO file. Use Disc copier to burn the ISO to a CD (Memorex DVD-R), but it plays alright on my computer DVD player but only on certain stand alone DVD players. I decided to try a different brand of CD, so I tried Maxell DVD-R. EMC8 will not even write to Maxell disc!! It keeps coming up with errors every time I put a Maxell disc in. I unloaded EMC8 and loaded Nero back up. Nero is what came with the DVD Burner. Nero not only burned the movies to both brand of disc's , but the disc's play on all four of the stand alone DVD players that Roxio EMC8 would only play on one of the four. The reason I went to EMC8 was that the Nero program that came with the burner was limited in what it could edit. I've had Roxio products in the past and have never had any problems with them and thought I would get EMC8 to edit my movies. I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled EMC8 only to go right back to the same problems. Right now I'm about ready to use EMC8 for a coaster. When I was deciding to purchase EMC8 I was told by a Sonic sales rep. that EMC8 was compatible with any DVD burner. I know in the past Roxio products were only supported by certain brands and models of burners, but the rep. stated Roxio had corrected that problem and that EMC8 could be run with any burner. I'm I doing something wrong or am I wasting my time with EMC8. My OS is WinXP Pro. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already updated the firmware for my burner. I not sure I want to go buy more CD's. If I was sure the RW cd's would work I'd go buy some right now, but as it is I've got a pile of two different brands of DVD-R's wasted and have not got one good movie yet.

I just tried something and it worked. I took a short video I edited (500MB) and using Quick DVD Creation, instead of MyDVD, saved it to a ISO file, then used to Disc Copier to burn it and it worked fine on both disc brands and the stand alone DVD Players. Why would it work in Quick Creation and not MyDVD? Thanks for all the help. Dave

Archived