• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Please Help. Using Roxio My Dvd To Burn Avi File.

brax19

Question

Hello, I'm new to this DVD burning business and can't get Roxio MyDVD which came with 'Creator 8' to work properly.

I'm trying to write a 700MB avi/DivX/AC3 file to DVD so that it plays on my DVD player.

Unfortunatly everytime I burn it to DVD it will play the video but with no sound.

I'd appriciate if someone could tell this novice where they're going wrong.

8 answers to this question

Well, I didn't do anything too spectacular... I don't even know if I'm allowed to say this as this is a Roxio forum. But here goes...

I decided to ditch MyDVD as it was still causing me problems, and as it takes so long to encode the file on my machine with that program. Sometimes up to 8 Hours. Only to find that after that time there is no audio on the file.

So I did some research on the ISO's as you suggested, and found an ISO DVD burning program called 'ConvertXtoDVD'. Tried the demo version out and it encoded the file perfectly with Video and Audio in excellent quality in little over an hour. So I purchased the full version so that it gets rid of the watermark on the video and I'm now using that.

I'm not disrespecting any of the Roxio programs as I'm sure they work fine for others, but this program does the trick for me. So I'm Happy.

Hello, I'm new to this DVD burning business and can't get Roxio MyDVD which came with 'Creator 8' to work properly.

I'm trying to write a 700MB avi/DivX/AC3 file to DVD so that it plays on my DVD player.

Unfortunatly everytime I burn it to DVD it will play the video but with no sound.

I'd appriciate if someone could tell this novice where they're going wrong.

Can the file play fine in Windows Media Player? You might want to try installing Ac3 Filter since it might be a codec problem.

Thanks for repling so quickly.

Tried the file in Windows Media Player 10, it plays perfect with video and audio.

I have tried installing the program 'Ac3 Filter' but I'm not sure what I suppost to be looking at with that.

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, what do you mean by 'rendering set'?

If I burn to an ISO file does that just allow me to check the file after or is it a different burning method?

Archived