• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer Freezes When I Reboot After Installing Creator 8

paul

Question

I installed Easy Media Creator 8 from disk that I had purchased from another supplier. )Beleive they were legitament as Roxio accepted the regiatration CD Key. When I first tried to use the program I was told that I must install the dowloadable upgrade which I did. Program seemed to work buty when I rebooted my computer my compter froze and I got the dreded blue screen. Was able to restart my computer but then every time that I rebooted for any reason my computer froze and the dreaded blue screen appeared. Checking with microsoft (I have windows XP-Home edition) they recommended that I remove the new program and try and a new reinstall. I did remove the program and now computer works. I have Esay Meadia Cretor 6 which works perfectly. Maybe I should forget 8 and just use 6. Has anyone had a similar problem with 8 and were they able to correct the problem and reinstall 8.

Thank you

12 answers to this question

I installed Easy Media Creator 8 from disk that I had purchased from another supplier. )Beleive they were legitament as Roxio accepted the regiatration CD Key. When I first tried to use the program I was told that I must install the dowloadable upgrade which I did. Program seemed to work buty when I rebooted my computer my compter froze and I got the dreded blue screen. Was able to restart my computer but then every time that I rebooted for any reason my computer froze and the dreaded blue screen appeared. Checking with microsoft (I have windows XP-Home edition) they recommended that I remove the new program and try and a new reinstall. I did remove the program and now computer works. I have Esay Meadia Cretor 6 which works perfectly. Maybe I should forget 8 and just use 6. Has anyone had a similar problem with 8 and were they able to correct the problem and reinstall 8.

Thank you

Please list your computer specs, including your CPU, RAM, video card, etc.

Thank you

Easy Media Creator 8 doesn't work for me. When I click on the icon it tries to install itself. I know there are problems, so when I go to Add/Remove Programs I select the repair installation and I get a similar error. Sometime during installation, the system just hangs and does nothing. Sometimes when I fiddle around with the prgm I get an error mssg saying that Easy Media 8 basically is not certified to run on XP. I also get errors to do with Easy Media upon startup. I want a refund. I can't use a program that doesn't work.

Easy Media Creator 8 doesn't work for me. When I click on the icon it tries to install itself. I know there are problems, so when I go to Add/Remove Programs I select the repair installation and I get a similar error. Sometime during installation, the system just hangs and does nothing. Sometimes when I fiddle around with the prgm I get an error mssg saying that Easy Media 8 basically is not certified to run on XP. I also get errors to do with Easy Media upon startup. I want a refund. I can't use a program that doesn't work.

You'll need to give us more info to get help on your problem such as computer specs and the exact error message you're getting.

As for a refund, this is a user's forum so you'll have to contact customer service for questions regarding that.

Thank you

My computer locked up exactly as you have described after installing EMC 8, complete with blue screen of death. Several removals and reinstallations produced the same results. No one was able to help. I was never able to successfull install the software. My roxio EMC 8.0 now resides in my desk drawer. I doubt that I will ever try to load it again.

My computer locked up exactly as you have described after installing EMC 8, complete with blue screen of death. Several removals and reinstallations produced the same results. No one was able to help. I was never able to successfull install the software. My roxio EMC 8.0 now resides in my desk drawer. I doubt that I will ever try to load it again.

And your computer specs are?

Please list your computer specs, including your CPU, RAM, video card, etc.

Walt:

Dell Dimension 3000

Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.80GHz

Memory 1042 MB

Windows XP Home Edition VS 2002 w/Service Pack 2

If you need further information let me know.

Paul

You might try uninstalling all versions of Roxio first.Then after that run Roxizap.This should clean up remnants of Roxio instances.You can get it here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe.After that you might try a registry cleaner if you have one.After all that try reinstalling V8 and see if that works.Also check to see if you have anything by Sonic running in your machine.

Windows cleanup utility does not remove any of the program files.It only removes Windows Installer Config info.To get rid of all the files you need to use Add/Remove programs.While it might help it doesn't do the complete job.Do Add/Remove,then try Windows Cleanup,then Roxizap.

Microsoft also says that if you use the Cleanup Utility to make sure that you Reinstall to the same loc as was previously used.

Archived