leecrystal

Update 8.05 Does Not Work!

Question

I've been using Roxio since Version 6. I have 7, but went to 8 and did not get 7.5.

So far I like version 8, that was until I installed the update last night.

Then I was working in the video editor only to have it continue to crash on me. It would run it for a while then as soon as I did a step like copy or delete, boom it would stop. :)

I keep getting a run time error.

I let the XP system send a report so that might help.

I guess I'll have to un-install it and re-install it just ot get it to work now. :huh:

Update 1/5/06

BTW it's a CD and not a download. I saw the notice. The update was an automatic notification.

I even downloaded the update manually and installed it just in case the previous one I had was bad.

It did not seem to make any difference. :D

The error says;

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (Heading)

Runtime Error

Program: ...Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 8\VideoUI\VideoWave8.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

Did a library file not get updated while a call was?

The last time it happend I was trying to make a copy of test scroll to modify.

Edited by leecrystal

Ok the uninstall and re-install did not work!!!!!

I can't do anything now!!!!

I get same error and it crashs on almost everything I do now.

Am I going to get any help with this!!!!!!

I have a project that needs to get finished ASAP!!!!!!

Edited by leecrystal

Ok the uninstall and re-install did not work!!!!!

I can't do anything now!!!!

I get same error and it crashs on almost everything I do now.

Am I going to get any help with this!!!!!!

I have a project that needs to get finished ASAP!!!!!!

I can't say this will work but uninstall again and in the C:\documents and settings\all users\application data directory, delete the Roxio folder (unless you have v7 installed then just delete everything with 8 on the end of it). Reboot and then install. Sounds like somethings left over from a bad install. See if it works before the 8.05 update.

Ok tried the above and no change.

However, the video I was working on had something weird on one of the credits scroll. The text was messed up or missing. (I was able to see this before it crashed.)

I made a backup of this production as I worked on it. It also had the mixed up text. However it did not crash on me. I was able to work with it an no crashes.

Did the update cause the file to mess up, or did the file get corruped in the first place????

I will try it with the patch and see.

Edited by leecrystal

I place the patch in, used the copy and NO CRASH!!!

It seems the problem was that the original file went bad for some reason?

I'll have to redo some of the credit scrolls, but that's better then not being able to do anything at all.

Sorry for all the drama, but I was getting rather upset about the whole thing. :)

I was using it for a little while and it crashed on me again.

I'm going to uninstall it again and reinstall and NOT add the update.

I didn't have any trouble at all until I used it.

I'll post the results.

Ok it's still happening, but not as often.

I noticed when it happens its not long after when I save. (I'm saving a lot so I don't lose stuff.)

Not sure when I'll have the time to call tech support with this problem.

It has something to do with the update. I'm sure. I think I only got one crash of the program before then, I don't know if it was the same thing.

Could my version 7, which is still on the system, have anything to do with it?????

I guess if I have too I could retore my system to an earlier point before the update. I just have to save the files I worked in the last week or so to make sure I don't lose them.

I summited a ticket on-line. Maybe they can help me?

Edited by leecrystal

I restored it before the update.

I had to uninstall and re-install it. (It would not work)

I still have the problem, however I think I know what the real problem is.

In the old roxio you had a limit on the length of your text. I think This it what I'm hitting on this version. Funny thing is I didn't get this error before on the scrolling text. It took it all and my spacing without any problem.

Now after the update however there is a problem.

I'm wondering if a library file for the update was changed somewhere that's causing this. Sometimes the library files don't get taken out with an uninstall (They are suppose to with XP). The OS might be keeping the newest version of the file.

If I knew which DLL it was,and where, and if I could find the older version of it I could give that a try.

Edited by leecrystal

I submitted a ticket still no responce.

This makes me think this might be a really bad problem and no one wants to fess up too.

Do any of the Roxio Tech people post here?

I think I'll install Roxio 8 on my other older PC, without the update, to see if it works. This will prove that the update has caused it.

(I can't port the entire project, not enough room to do that.)

I submitted a ticket still no responce.

This makes me think this might be a really bad problem and no one wants to fess up too.

Do any of the Roxio Tech people post here?

I think I'll install Roxio 8 on my other older PC, without the update, to see if it works. This will prove that the update has caused it.

(I can't port the entire project, not enough room to do that.)

Web Ticket may take several days for a response and that may be very general in nature… That is why I suggested you call them.

You cannot infer anything just because you haven't received an answer yet.

Web Ticket may take several days for a response and that may be very general in nature… That is why I suggested you call them.

You cannot infer anything just because you haven't received an answer yet.

That's fine, but I know they are going to want me to do it while I'm in front of my PC running Roxio. That's the problem. I don't have that kind of time during the week.

I'm a programmer myself so I believe this could be a real problem. That's why I was going to try some things on my own to prove it, however it will have to wait until I have the time.

I realize bugs like this take time to prove and resolve. I don't have a problem with that.

I'm just very fustrated and feel I've gotten a lemon product at this point and I'm being ignored.

I've always had an occasional crash when using Roxio programs in the past, but this is just to much.

Edited by leecrystal

I'm trying to work around the bug so I can get my project done.

Now I'm getting a memory error!!!!

ROXIO Graph Notify Window: VideoWave8.exe - Application Error (In top bar)

The instruction at "0x003e025b" referenced memory at "0x10d21a80". The memory could not be "written".

Click on Ok to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

So what fresh hell am I in now?!!!

:)

To be fair the error above only happened once, but thought for sure it would continue.

I was able to get something done last night by not adding to much to the scroll.

It's still not what I wanted but I had to do soemthing.

I had to break down the scoll into three parts. It's kind of sucky this way, but what you going to do.

The real test will come when I try to put all my parts together for the DVD and burn it.

I used Crap cleaner and un-installed Roxio 8.

I was hoping it could clean up anything a normal un-install couldn't.

After the re-install I ran the Video Editor (Which has given me most of my problems, but it's not the only thing.)

I still have the same trouble.

Once again I was not having a problem until I installed the update.

My web ticket is now a week old and still nothing. :)

Edited by leecrystal

I GIVE UP!!!

I have spent to much time just trying to get it to work.

It's not just the video editor either. I was able to work around that to some degree.

I was putting the DVD together and ran into other problems with animated thumbnails.

So in order to be able to get exactly what I wanted in the first place I will start over on version 7 and forget about 8.

I also noticed you better be careful when looking at version 8 files with version 7.

For some reason it must do something to the dat file.

I opened them in 8 after looking at them with 7 and get all kinds of errors.

I don't save them or anything though?

I was hoping to use some of what I already did.

I think the simple productions. (Just clipped video) might work ok. The more complicate stuff won't.

I GIVE UP!!!

I have spent to much time just trying to get it to work.

It's not just the video editor either. I was able to work around that to some degree.

I was putting the DVD together and ran into other problems with animated thumbnails.

So in order to be able to get exactly what I wanted in the first place I will start over on version 7 and forget about 8.

I also noticed you better be careful when looking at version 8 files with version 7.

For some reason it must do something to the dat file.

I opened them in 8 after looking at them with 7 and get all kinds of errors.

I don't save them or anything though?

I was hoping to use some of what I already did.

I think the simple productions. (Just clipped video) might work ok. The more complicate stuff won't.

You don't really expect ver 8 files to be compatible in ver 7? I don't understand how you can look at dat files created in ver 8 with ver 7 since that version does not use them. With ver 7, all information is contained in the Videowave dmsm project files.

Ver 7 dmsm files though should have been useable in ver 8, in only very few cases I have been able a to load them into ver 8. I have also gone back to ver 7.5 to complete any project I started. New projects though I will do in ver 8 since I have no problems running ver 8.

You don't really expect ver 8 files to be compatible in ver 7?

No I didn't really.

I was just hoping I would be able to use some of what I already did.

I didn't want to re-do everything it all over again.

I am talking about the productions here, and not an entire project.

I can open productions I created in version 8 with 7.

I don't understand how you can look at dat files created in ver 8 with ver 7 since that version does not use them. With ver 7

I was able to look at productions that did not have anything complicated in them. In my case the ones with just a cut from a video seems to work.

Once I touched them with version 7. (Only looked at) they would really mess up when you tried to look at them in 8. (Which is where I created them.)

I have no problems running ver 8.

I didn't seem to either until after the update I can't seem to undo.

Edited by leecrystal

I must apologize to those Guru's who I might not have been so nice to when they have offered information to me in the past.

I thought they worked for Roxio and in some cases seemed to be putting me off.

In those cases I assumed that Roxio was ignoring me.

It does seem obvious that this product has problems though.

Once again I am sorry for being so mean to those who are just out there just trying to help.

I'll wait for a real Roxio person to be mean too next time. :)

Edited by leecrystal

I have discovered there is a shared DLL Roxio folder.

Since I still have version 7 on my system this may be the root of the problem.

I'm having trouble un-installing 7 now, but I'll let you know if this has been the real problem all along.

Roxio/Sonic will never fix the R6025 runtime error, it happened in 7.5 all the time and they werent interested. They wont be interested this time either.I tried and had people try everything they suggested doing such as registering dll's uninstalling/reinstalling error after error on 6 different PC's all with hi end specs, but always R6025 . :)

Edited by colbaby

Roxio/Sonic will never fix the R6025 runtime error, it happened in 7.5 all the time and they werent interested. They wont be interested this time either.I tried everything they suggested doing such as registering dll's uninstalling/reinstalling error after error on 6 different PC's all with hi end specs, but always R6025 . :)

It happened to who, all of the time? If you had it happen on 6 different PC's, then there was a PEBCAK problem.

It happened to who, all of the time? If you had it happen on 6 different PC's, then there was a PEBCAK problem.

It happened to me and scores of others who made the grave mistake of purchasing Roxio 7.5 .

Before the board got wiped all you had to do was a search for errors and low and behold R6025 time and time again. And now it seems its evident in the latest version 8. Well done Roxio/Sonic. lmao. :huh:

As for PEBCAK ('problem exists between chair and keyboard) Dont think so, as it wasnt just me reporting this error over and over . :)

Edited by colbaby

It happened to me and scores of others who made the grave mistake of purchasing Roxio 7.5 .

Before the board got wiped all you had to do was a search for errors and low and behold R6025 time and time again. And now it seems its evident in the latest version 8. Well done Roxio/Sonic. lmao. :huh:

As for PEBCAK ('problem exists between chair and keyboard) Dont think so, as it wasnt just me reporting this error over and over . :)

If you had the problem on 6 different computers, then there had to be something going on with all 6. I have no clue what it was, but maintenance comes to mind, or other software conflicting with EMC 7.5. EMC 7.5 has been rock solid on my computers.

If you had the problem on 6 different computers, then there had to be something going on with all 6. I have no clue what it was, but maintenance comes to mind, or other software conflicting with EMC 7.5. EMC 7.5 has been rock solid on my computers.

The only thing in common with all 6 (here in the U.K and in Canada) is Adobe CS2 on them all. And as yet !! i havent heard of any conflicts between them. Or heard anyone using EMC on them complaining to me about anything other than R6025 runtime error. My own PC is meticulously cleaned and maintained and i still get the runtime error daily myself. Would be nice to nail it though :)

Edited by colbaby