• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstall Problems

Jayman426

Question

I have uninstalled emc9 and am in the process of getting a refund. emc9 is just causing to many problems

with my computer. The problem I am now encountering however is this. When I startup my computer I get

an error that says;

WKUFIND.EXE application could not locate component.

It then says that MSVCR70.DLL is missing.

I never got this error until I uninstalled all roxio software from my computer. Anyone know how to fix this

problem? If I reinstall emc9, the problem goes away.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

WkUFind - WkUFind.exe

The wkufind.exe process is a component of Microsoft Picture-It! / Microsoft Works, and it checks on the Internet for any updates for this application.

It's down to user's choice wether or not to leave this process running.

Author: Microsoft Corporation

Version: N/A

File size: N/A

Typical location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe

System process: No

Requires network: Yes

Requires internet: Yes

Security threat: No

Process File: msvcr70.dll Process Name:

msvcr70.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library.

cd

WKUFIND.exe is coming from Microsoft Works.Why uninstalling Roxio would cause a problem with Works I'm not sure.

I found that out when I did a search for the program. Here's the REAL weird thing. I don't have MSWorks

installed on this computer. We use Word Perfect and MSWord. Weve never had MSWorks installed. But like

I said I don't get the error unless I've uninstalled EMC9.

I'm going to try the instructions for the clean install of EMC9. I'll just delete the software an not do the clean

install. See if that helps. :(

The clean install instructions are really more instructions for a clean uninstall but that's neither here nor there.What they will do is clean your system of any Roxio or Sonic references.

As far as msvcr70.dll I did a search on my drive and it comes up in 2 places.One is C:\windows\system32 which makes sense if it's a Microsoftlibrary file and the other is in C:\program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main.If you uninstalled Roxio I can understand it removing it under Program Files but why it would interfere with your system32 directory I'm not sure.If you still have Roxio installed (or reinstall it) copy that file to your desktop,uninstall Roxio and see if you get the error.If you do copy the file from your desktop into the Windows\system32 directory and see if that solves it.

The clean install instructions are really more instructions for a clean uninstall but that's neither here nor there.What they will do is clean your system of any Roxio or Sonic references.

As far as msvcr70.dll I did a search on my drive and it comes up in 2 places.One is C:\windows\system32 which makes sense if it's a Microsoftlibrary file and the other is in C:\program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main.If you uninstalled Roxio I can understand it removing it under Program Files but why it would interfere with your system32 directory I'm not sure.If you still have Roxio installed (or reinstall it) copy that file to your desktop,uninstall Roxio and see if you get the error.If you do copy the file from your desktop into the Windows\system32 directory and see if that solves it.

Okay, I'll try that. I appreciate all the help. Thanks. ;)

Okay, I had re-download the software because I had already destroyed all my copies. It is now re-installed

and my computer is working fine. No more error. Currently, the msvcr70.dll is in 5 places on my computer.

the system32 directory, the system32/urttemp directory, 2 microsoft.net framework directories, and

the common files/roxio shared directory.

Since I don't know which is removed along with the roxio shared directory I guess I'll just have to trial and

error it.

Thanks for all the help.

Okay, I'm a happy camper now. That worked. For some reason when I uninstalled emc9 it was deleting the

MSVCR70.DLL file out of the System32 directory. Re-installing and placing the MSVCR70.DLL file on my

desktop and then uninstalling emc9 and then replacing the MSVCR70.DLL file in the system32 directory

worked.

emc9 is completely gone from my computer and no error at startup. Thanks guys.

Archived