silavox

Motion Pictures Crashes during Export

Question

I have the newest update of Motion Pictures. Everything has worked fine for months until I got my new iPhone which required an upgrade of iTunes. Now, at the end of exporting (full quality DV) it gives me this error message:

A problem occurred during exporting. It is described as '*** QuickTime failure (-61, /Users/cmeyer/Developer/MP210/LQCommon/LQMovieExport.m, line 350)'.

Any Ideas?

Using Mac Pro Duo

QT 7 Pro

13 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem, but I noticed it after updating Quicktime this month. Various Mac users have reported some other problems on the Apple support forums. Not sure whether this is something Apple or Roxio needs to fix.

I've tried uninstalling Motion Pictures HD using AppDelete, and then reinstalling it. That didn't work. Here's the error message I just received again:

A problem occurred during exporting. It is described as '*** QuickTime failure (-61, /Users/cmeyer/Developer/MP210/LQCommon/LQMovieExport.m, line 350)'.

__

PowerMac G5

OS X 10.4.10

QT Pro 7.2.0

I am having the same crash message.

Does anyone @ ROXIO have an answer to this, are we to expect a bug fix soon?

Edited by Big White

I was able to replicate your problem...

The problem lies with the quicktime update, not with iTunes.

Try rolling back to QT 7.1.3 for now.

Lets be fair.

I can't see how it is for Apple to fix the bug when Roxio has writen the software to be used with Quicktime!

OK. What else can we save MP in?

Edited by Big White

I have had the same problem. I also had the sam problem with Photo to Movie. They posted a patch and everything works fine. Roxio needs to do the same! I can't even see where the support the app any more. You go to customer service and tech support and its not listed. They told me to reinstall Toast because MPHD is a component.

HELLO ROXIO ..... ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING ? IT'S A SOFTWARE GLITCH WITH QT....... :angry2:

I now have tried all versions going back to Roxio 6 and quick time 6, MP still crashes on Mac intel.

Why bother with MP. I will go back to using iMovie. Very flexible and very stable software.

Roxio Motion Picture to me, is like giving some one a toy without the batteries.

Edited by Big White

I now have tried all versions going back to Roxio 6 and quick time 6, MP still crashes on Mac intel.

Why bother with MP. I will go back to using iMovie. Very flexible and very stable software.

Roxio Motion Picture to me, is like giving some one a toy without the batteries.

I don't know what the deal is with Motion Pictures. It wasn't updated with the Toast 8 bundle and it was created by a third party other than Roxio. The only good feature it has is the multiple images in a frame. Otherwise there are far superior choices. I like Fotomagico and many others like Photo-to-movie.

I hope Roxio has the Motion Pictures developer fixing these problems, but even if that does happen it isn't an application I recommend for this purpose. Even free (part of the Toast bundle) it isn't competitive in my opinion. What would be best is if Roxio replaced Motion Pictures with a motion slide show application from some other developer.

I've done all of the things you guys have mentioned and MP still crashes during export. I would gladly switch to another program if I knew one that saved the original pictures on the DVD as well. But would they work w/Toast???

Help

Roxio, if you're out there (and I doubt it, because it's Saturday and nobody works on Saturday), how about getting off your couches and fix this program. It's a good program when it works.

Has there been a fix to this MP crash problem. Just purchased a Lacie DVD burner that came with the Roxio Toast Titanium 7 package. Enjoyed working with Motion Pictures HD, but have been unable to export to Toast, or iDVD without the QuickTime Failure -61 error message. This software is of little value if it is limited to use on my Mac.

(eMac 700mHz OX 10.3.9)

March 30 2008

I have the same problem... Motion Pictures reports an export error ***Quicktime failure (-61,/Users/cmeyer...

Can someone contact Chris Meyer? Maybe he knows what's wrong.

Dear Roxio, I fear more people will develop this problem as they upgrade their Quicktime.

Please help.

March 30 2008

I have the same problem... Motion Pictures reports an export error ***Quicktime failure (-61,/Users/cmeyer...

Can someone contact Chris Meyer? Maybe he knows what's wrong.

Dear Roxio, I fear more people will develop this problem as they upgrade their Quicktime.

Please help.

The last version of Motion Pictures with Toast 7 in 2.1.2. If you don't have that one be sure to get it by downloading the Toast 7 update. There is a version 2.1.4 included with a Toast 8 update. You could download that update and try using that version although it may report that Toast 8 is required, but it's worth a try. I've also read that Motion Pictures doesn't crash if you keep the slide show below a certain number of minutes in length. There is a Toast 8 user who found this and decided to create multiple exports and assemble them with QuickTime Pro or iMovie where he also could add the audio track. Look for Motion Pictures threads in the Toast 8 forum. You might simply export without an audio track using your version and add the audio with QT Pro or iMovie.

Edited by tsantee