Adding Captions

Hycat

Question

7 answers to this question

Why not keep it like it is, if you like it? If it doesn't show on your tv, that is not the software, but tv overscan.

If you don't like it, you have to do it all over again, so why not do what was suggested in this thread? It makes a sweet slide show.

I'm new to video editing software, but I agree with grandpabruce. Unless I am misunderstanding (which is quite possible), I don't think this a fault of Roxio. VideoWave only contains a few icons in the main screen, and the one at the top in the middle is the Safe TV Zone button. Whenever I buy a new program I run my mouse over the icons/buttons, and read the tool tips. This can usually lead to a better understanding of the program's capabilities. I also learned a lot from these boards, too. There is a ton of info on how to do just about anything in EMC here.

Anyway, I hope this helps for your future projects.

:( A simple request methinks. How do I add captions to photos on a slide show. Underneath not in the body of the photo before burning to CD/DVD

I'm not one of the gurus here, but offhand, and not being in front of my home PC which has EMC9 on it, I'd say the only way to do this is to have all of your images as overlays on a solid color panel, then size the image to leave space underneath, then add text to that area.

Any easier solution- I'm interested too!

Hope this helps.....

:( A simple request methinks. How do I add captions to photos on a slide show. Underneath not in the body of the photo before burning to CD/DVD

Underneath where? Are you taking into consideration the TV safe zone? Not that simple and difficult if you are doing a lot of editing

Add a color panel on the main track, add the image on an overlay track. Resize the overlay to fit inside the TV safe zone with some space at the bottom for your text. Add the text to the main track and drag it to the place you want it near the bottom but inside the TV safe zone.

The problem is that you have to manually adjust the length of time the text is displayed and if you move the image, the text will not travel with it.

The problem is that you have to manually adjust the length of time the text is displayed and if you move the image, the text will not travel with it.

Hi sknis,

I found if I add the text as an overlay to the internal track, then I can drag the clip/image around and the text will come with it.

~karri

Well, that pulls a major vacuum. I have the same question and almost 300 photos with text already added. I do not desire to go through all which is required just to use emc9. I'll float test the program and use something else.

I do genealogy research and not everyone knows who all these people are. This is not a family picnic album.

Thank you for your time...

Well, that pulls a major vacuum. I have the same question and almost 300 photos with text already added. I do not desire to go through all which is required just to use emc9. I'll float test the program and use something else.

I do genealogy research and not everyone knows who all these people are. This is not a family picnic album.

Thank you for your time...

Why not keep it like it is, if you like it? If it doesn't show on your tv, that is not the software, but tv overscan.

If you don't like it, you have to do it all over again, so why not do what was suggested in this thread? It makes a sweet slide show.

I'm not one of the gurus here, but offhand, and not being in front of my home PC which has EMC9 on it, I'd say the only way to do this is to have all of your images as overlays on a solid color panel, then size the image to leave space underneath, then add text to that area.

Any easier solution- I'm interested too!

Hope this helps.....

:) Thanks for your suggestion, same track as guru. I will try the overlay as this will be easy on digital image Pro and then import into Roxio.

Hycat

Archived