• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Delete disc images created by SONIC copier?

karenfritzohare

Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder/directory where the temporary images are saved.

Highlight those you want gone, and press Delete, or Shift-delete. Delete will put them in the Recycle Bin, shift-delete will kill them without involving the recycle bin.

If you want everything in that folder gone, Ctrl-A will highlight all the files in there so you can delete everything at once.

Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder/directory where the temporary images are saved.

Highlight those you want gone, and press Delete, or Shift-delete. Delete will put them in the Recycle Bin, shift-delete will kill them without involving the recycle bin.

If you want everything in that folder gone, Ctrl-A will highlight all the files in there so you can delete everything at once.

Thank you. How do I know where the program is storing the files? I am using the Sonic program that came installed on the Dell computer.

If you tell me exactly what that that Sonic program is (the menu, Help / about) and how you were copying the DVDs (what menu items and keystrokes used) we should be able to find out where the default storage area is, or what the files are named, and perhaps even a setting which will delete them for you when you have finished the copy.

Regards,

Brendon

If you tell me exactly what that that Sonic program is (the menu, Help / about) and how you were copying the DVDs (what menu items and keystrokes used) we should be able to find out where the default storage area is, or what the files are named, and perhaps even a setting which will delete them for you when you have finished the copy.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you for helping!

Module Name: Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7

Build: 2.1.6a

Serial Number: SC-200B97D

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2004

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.0.88a, 94

Module Name: Launch MyDVD

Serial Number: CSMTHRM2VKQ2FKT4S

Module Name: Home

Module Name: Sonic RecordNow Copy

Version: 2.0.0

Build: 200B87G, DLB

Serial Number: C2AJZ7PZ8G5676GVU

Module Name: Sonic Audio module

Build: 200B92C, DLB

Serial Number: CY695VKQ7EY77F8MB

Module Name: Sonic RecordNow Data

Build: 200B97D, DLP

Serial Number: CHAGVL5PX7YZLHWKK

Module Name: Launch Backup

Build: 200B97D, DLP

I Clicked on "copy", then followed the directions, putting in the master DVD, then putting in the blanks. After copying two DVDs, my hard drive is full, and I can't even run a complete defrag.

Any suggestions?

K

Check to see if the path to the temporary cache is given in Tools menu, options, of the program you are using (can't guarantee that all the apps have that option, but many do).

Thank you, I had already tried that with no success.

Any other ideas to help me find where the cache is? K

Those files are normally stored in a temporary folder if it only used the cache.

Have you restarted your computer? That should wipe them from your hard drive.

If that doesn't work.......How did you copy those DVDs? Did you copy the DVD to an 'image file' (.iso) first or just use Disk Copier to copy from DVD to DVD?

Try a Windows \ Start\ Search \ All files and folders \ More Advanced Options and search for .iso files in Hidden files and folders AND Subfolders.

Now this is assuming that you used Disk Copier. If you used another program in the suite, the files may be stored as c2d files.

Please let us know what you find.

Those files are normally stored in a temporary folder if it only used the cache.

Have you restarted your computer? That should wipe them from your hard drive.

If that doesn't work.......How did you copy those DVDs? Did you copy the DVD to an 'image file' (.iso) first or just use Disk Copier to copy from DVD to DVD?

Try a Windows \ Start\ Search \ All files and folders \ More Advanced Options and search for .iso files in Hidden files and folders AND Subfolders.

Now this is assuming that you used Disk Copier. If you used another program in the suite, the files may be stored as c2d files.

Please let us know what you find.

I have restarted the computer several times, including using check disc.

I just used your search suggestion and found only 3 files, each dealing with setup info from over a year ago.

Each has 600kb apiece.

I know it is these dvds I copied using Disc Copy that is filling the drive,as my computer was only about 2/3's full before I started this project.

Any help is appreciated! K

I have restarted the computer several times, including using check disc.

I just used your search suggestion and found only 3 files, each dealing with setup info from over a year ago.

Each has 600kb apiece.

I know it is these dvds I copied using Disc Copy that is filling the drive,as my computer was only about 2/3's full before I started this project.

Any help is appreciated! K

Ah hah! I found the culprits. They were found by searching for ".gi" files. Believe it or not I found them in "my documents". I have a few more copies to make and then I will look into WHY this happened. I had to delete them all individually, but I know have 2/3 of my hard drive free.

About 1/2 of them had .tmp extensions. Be back later, and thank you all for your help. K

.gi is the extension for Sonic's 'Global Image' files. They are not ISOs, but are a proprietary file structure.

Nero doesn't handle them because they are Sonic's proprietary images.

Brendon

Is there a way to control where these files are sent?

Thank you. K

That's a good question and most of us don't use that program.

You're going to have to check under all the menus to see. Usually options like that are under Tools\ Options, but it could be almost anywhere.

If you still have Roxio/ Sonic Technical support, you could ask them.

Archived