• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC8 MyDVD Transitions

JGR77

Question

I have installed, un-installed (clean), re-installed, repaired and otherwise done everything else to MyDVD-8 to get all the transitions to install. I don't get the option to replace all the existing transitons, or the option to randomize all transitions available. I also don't get all the transitions installed either. I would not have know this if not for the fact that I've got this version of the software installed on a laptop which has all the transitions and options installed and running. The only problem with the laptop is any DVD made on it won't run on a stand-alone DVD player, only on the computer!?!?! What can I do to get ALL the transitions installed with the "Random" options? I'm running WinXP SP2 on a clone box with a brand new 250 Gig hard drive and new install of XP. Matrox G400 graphics card with latest drivers, Windows Explorer 6.0.

2 answers to this question

I believe the problem is likely the Maxtor video adapter you have. I doubt if it fully supports Directx 9, if it supports it at all. If you look in VideoWave under Tools -> Options you'll probably finds that the rendering is set to Software because of it. You can run the test again from there, but it's probably jsut going to default back to it.

So the reason the transitions, and the themes like random, aren't showing up isn't because they aren't getting installed, it's because the program doesn't show them to you when you're set to render in Software mode. You only see them when you are able to use the Hardware mode setting because they require your video adapter to be able to use Directx to render those ones.

I believe the problem is likely the Maxtor video adapter you have. I doubt if it fully supports Directx 9, if it supports it at all. If you look in VideoWave under Tools -> Options you'll probably finds that the rendering is set to Software because of it. You can run the test again from there, but it's probably jsut going to default back to it.

So the reason the transitions, and the themes like random, aren't showing up isn't because they aren't getting installed, it's because the program doesn't show them to you when you're set to render in Software mode. You only see them when you are able to use the Hardware mode setting because they require your video adapter to be able to use Directx to render those ones.

Larry, Thanks for the info. I suspected the video card had something to do with it. Well, I'm off to Fry's and I'll let you know how I made out. Thanks again.

Archived