• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video capture

DarthVaderWasFramed

Question

Okay, so I just got the HP m8120n a few weeks ago, right?

And now I just figured out how to connect my Xbox/PS2/whatever-gaming-consle to my PC using the A/V inputs on the front.

I start playing my Xbox(Playing Mercenaries, to be exact) and I get alot of capture/input(I'm not sure which. I think it's capture) lag. I check the input and I'm only getting 8 Mbps.

Is it my capture card that's the problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

PS: I'm running on Vista home premium with Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture. And I also hope I didn't put this in the wrong section. :S

12 answers to this question

I have 2 Hauppauge devices and like Bruce noted, they'll capture up to 12mb, but that's only with their software. Last time I tried any capture using them with EMC 9, I only got the standard 8mb. I have no idea what card you have is capable of, as I don't see a model 418 on their site. If it's supposed to be capable of higher bitrates, then try using it's included software.

Also be aware that 12MBps MPEGs are NOT video DVD compliant and will be re-encoded to lower bitrates when burnt to video DVD. The maximum allowed in the video DVD standard is 10Mbps and that INCLUDES the audio stream. That is why most capture apps only go up to 8Mbps.

Okay, so I just got the HP m8120n a few weeks ago, right?

And now I just figured out how to connect my Xbox/PS2/whatever-gaming-consle to my PC using the A/V inputs on the front.

I start playing my Xbox(Playing Mercenaries, to be exact) and I get alot of capture/input(I'm not sure which. I think it's capture) lag. I check the input and I'm only getting 8 Mbps.

Is it my capture card that's the problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

PS: I'm running on Vista home premium with Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture. And I also hope I didn't put this in the wrong section. :S

Contact HP.

How about if I want to use my old camcorder as a webcam? I want to use the A/V analog input but it doesn't work. Roxio let you capture the video, but when I launch MSN Messnger, or Skype or Netmeeting, it doesn't capture the video.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I forgot t mention I also got HP m8120n and want to use the analog video/audio input's on the front of the machine.

Archived