• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to Loop or Repeat a photo Slideshow?

lalalaura

Question

I have created a photo slideshow through windows movie maker and am importing it into Roxio Easy Media Creator to burn to DVD (which I have done many times before). However, she wants the slideshow to loop/repeat automatically as it is going to stay on throughout the party. I have tried to find a function within the software but am having no luck.

Is this possible?

Thanks so much for any info!

23 answers to this question

My apologies. The other gurus are correct and I appreciate them contributing the correct information. (My fautly memory again.)

Repeat title is obviously the correct answer and I think that option became available in the update to 7.1. ( But my memory obviously isn't the best.) :lol:

If the file is in one of the supported formats (such as mpeg, avi, etc.), then bring the file to MyDVD and create a "DVD, no menu".

I'm not sure what format it is. I saved it in Windows Movie Maker, but have to transfer it to Roxio to burn to DVD. I'm at work so do not have the file with me.

Thanks for the suggestion!! Hopefully I can do it.

Output your WMM project as DV-AVI:

1 Open WMM and load your project

2 Choose File>Save Movie File.

3 Follow instructions for naming the file and location

4 Choose DV-AVI

The final movie output will have AVI as file extension. Bring this file in MyDVD and select "DVD, no menu" type of project.

You beat me to it, Larry. :)

:) :)

My apologies. The other gurus are correct and I appreciate them contributing the correct information. (My fautly memory again.)

Repeat title is obviously the correct answer and I think that option became available in the update to 7.1. ( But my memory obviously isn't the best.) :lol:

Don't feel too bad ML, I actually had to open it up and check first, because I wasn't positive about it either ;)

Thank you sooo much!

What version of Roxio Easy Media Creator do you have?

Some versions have the ability to repeat the slideshow and some do not.

I have 7.1 on one of my computers, that's how I knew that it had those options, :rolleyes: I didn't mention them all because ml was talking about one and I was adressing that. ;) Hope it all works out well for you lalalaura. :D

Well, I could import the movie maker file into Roxio (although not in AVI as I wanted and have done in the past). My computer just does not want to save that file, so frustrating b/c the burned copy is a little choppy and this is someone who is paying.

I have version 7 and could not find a repeat ANYWHERE, it's OK, she can just hit repeat on the player.

Thanks for all of your help guys! This project is wearing me out!

Well, I could import the movie maker file into Roxio (although not in AVI as I wanted and have done in the past). My computer just does not want to save that file, so frustrating b/c the burned copy is a little choppy and this is someone who is paying.

I have version 7 and could not find a repeat ANYWHERE, it's OK, she can just hit repeat on the player.

Thanks for all of your help guys! This project is wearing me out!

The options are on the Burn Setup window after you click on the burn button. You have to click the button to show advanced settings.

post-71-1185369293.jpg

The options are on the Burn Setup window after you click on the burn button. You have to click the button to show advanced settings.

I looked and advanced settings, but didn't see anything, I'll try when I get home, thanks.

I burned a data disk of my movie maker file and brought it to work to see if I could get it to save as a movie file. Opened the project and have all red Xs where my pictures are.

I'm at a loss with this project and thinking I might just totally redo it in Roxy tonight... I need it to be good quality. If someone could answer a few questions for me:

Does Roxy allow you to shorten and fade out songs? I have 3 songs and had to shorten the middle one in length.

Does it allow you to lengthen just certain pictures?

Am I going to have to save it in AVI as a movie (like I do in WMovieMaker) to burn it to a disc?

Thanks for all of your help!

Output your WMM project as DV-AVI:

1 Open WMM and load your project

2 Choose File>Save Movie File.

3 Follow instructions for naming the file and location

4 Choose DV-AVI

The final movie output will have AVI as file extension. Bring this file in MyDVD and select "DVD, no menu" type of project.

This is I guess off topic of Roxio, but for some reason I could not save it as a movie in AVI format. It just sat there, I let it run all night and still nothing. I've saved all of my other projects in this format so I don't know why it's not working. It is 2 MB, but I have 1.87 GB available so I don't think it's a space issue. SO, I just saved it in "high quality video - (PTSC?)" and it saved fine. I'm a little nervous as to whether this will work in Roxio, I didn't have time to try this morning. If so, can I still use your instructions?

Thanks for all of your help. I'm getting a little nervous as I need to have this done ASAP.

My first post above, post #2, is for EMC version 9. So that post is not applicable in the version you have.

I have no idea what PTSC is. What is the file extension of that?

If you give it a try to bring that file in DVDBuilder and if it works, I remember in EMC 7.5 (I have it but not in front of it at this time) there is an option about repeating the same title.

This is I guess off topic of Roxio, but for some reason I could not save it as a movie in AVI format. It just sat there, I let it run all night and still nothing. I've saved all of my other projects in this format so I don't know why it's not working. It is 2 MB, but I have 1.87 GB available so I don't think it's a space issue. SO, I just saved it in "high quality video - (PTSC?)" and it saved fine. I'm a little nervous as to whether this will work in Roxio, I didn't have time to try this morning. If so, can I still use your instructions?

Thanks for all of your help. I'm getting a little nervous as I need to have this done ASAP.

Just over 1G hard drive space available. :o I'm surprised that anythng will run. Clean out your temp files and get rid of other junk. Transfer some files to a DVD or external drive etc. You'll need much more hard drive space to do any video work.

NTSC; not PTSC.

Just over 1G hard drive space available. :o I'm surprised that anythng will run. Clean out your temp files and get rid of other junk. Transfer some files to a DVD or external drive etc. You'll need much more hard drive space to do any video work.

NTSC; not PTSC.

I'm sorry, I have 18 Gigs available (I'm not so good with the tech aspect, sorry!!) And yes I meant NTSC (thanks)

My first post above, post #2, is for EMC version 9. So that post is not applicable in the version you have.

I have no idea what PTSC is. What is the file extension of that?

If you give it a try to bring that file in DVDBuilder and if it works, I remember in EMC 7.5 (I have it but not in front of it at this time) there is an option about repeating the same title.

I'm sorry, I have over 18 Gigs available (I'm not so good with the tech aspect, sorry!!) And yes I meant NTSC (thanks)

It has been suggested to me that defraging my C drive might help that maybe even though I have space it cannot find sufficiently grouped space to save?

Defragging could help, but it couldn't hurt..

You probably need more than 1.87 GB of hard disk space. You probably need at least 4 GB.

After you output it as an avi file, put it as a title on the DVD Builder menu.

HOWEVER, whether you can get it to loop depends on if you have 7.1 or 7.5.

If you have 7.5 there is an option under the burn pop up box to "play next title". If you have only one title on your menu, it will continue to loop and replay the title (slideshow)

Make certain that you have done the updatee to 7.1. I think you have to manually download it from the Roxio site because the automatic update feature in EMC 7 doesn't work anymore. I think the ability to repeat a title was included in that update.

You can fade out songs and change their length. Switch to the Timeline View and double click on the music to find the fade in/out feature and cut the length.

You can adjust the length of certain pictures by clicking on the picture and adjusting the duration.

You don't have to save it in AVI. Just click on DVD and the program will put it on a DVD Builder menu and encode it to MPEG2 which is the standard for DVDs.

Defragging could help, but it couldn't hurt..

You probably need more than 1.87 GB of hard disk space. You probably need at least 4 GB.

After you output it as an avi file, put it as a title on the DVD Builder menu.

HOWEVER, whether you can get it to loop depends on if you have 7.1 or 7.5.

If you have 7.5 there is an option under the burn pop up box to "play next title". If you have only one title on your menu, it will continue to loop and replay the title (slideshow)

That option is in 7.1 also.

There are 3 options actually,

"Return to Menu" (the default)

"Play next Title"

and

"Repeat title"

I would try the Repeat Title one.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time today... I have over 18 Gig available space

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Hopefully something will work for both issues.

:)

Archived