• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning An Audio Dvd

fluteman32

Question

1 answer to this question

I'm running an IMac-G4 (2.1)

800 mgz.

The DVD recorder (internal) is the Poneer (DVR-104).

It burns really slowly. Why?

thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick Aaron

I'm guessing that you are referring to how long it takes for the encoding before the burning can begin. Toast needs to convert each audio track to either PCM or AC3 depending on which setting you've chosen. These are 48 khz rather than the 44.1 khz that is standard for audio CDs, so the audio also has to be resampled. If you look in the Roxio Converted Items folder you'll see each converted track being written.

I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image rather than clicking the burn button when making a Music DVD. This doesn't speed anything up, but it does allow you to re-use the disc image file if something did go wrong during the disc burning stage. You burn the saved disc image by using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

By the way, the Converted Items folder is automatically emptied when you quit Toast unless you choose a different setting in Toast preferences. There are situations where it may be good not to have the folder get automatically emptied before you're sure the project turns out the way you intended.

Archived