• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DCEFrance

Blackberry uninstalls Roxio Easy Media Creator 9

Question

I just downloaded and installed the new Blackberry Desktop Manager software (version 4.2 Service Pack 2).

There are no questions or options during the installation.

The new Blackberry software completely replaces my full version of Easy Media Creator 9 with the Blackberry Roxio Manager software instead.

I obviously do not want this. I want to keep my full version of Easy Media Creator 9, which does much more than the "light" Blackberry version, and I want to still be able to transfer files to my Blackberry 8800.

Help!

8 answers to this question

Did you try a repair install of EMC9 and see if it will overwrite the lite blackberry version?

You could also try contacting Blackberry and asking them why it did that (I don't see why it should overwrite but it's their software so maybe they know)

If you install the blackberry version first, then EMC 9 suite, it might work. If you do it the other way around, it won't. Don't ask me why it does this.

I also just installed Blackberry's Desktop Manager 4.2 (which includes Roxio Media Manager for Blackberry) ... unfortunately this little BUGGER demands to completely uninstall EVERY program associated with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (which I bought and installed a few months ago.)

The Blackberry program works great, but it completely disabled all my EMC9 settings and I can't write to a DVD or CD now. STUPID.

I am now re-installing EMC9 from my retail CD, but it is UNINSTALLING the Blackberry Media Manager.

WOW ... somebody at Roxio has "head-up-butt-itis" ... anybody has a fix, work-around, modification ... (ANYBODY FROM ROXIO READING THIS??), please post here.

Will be checking back, I guess.

:angry:

Why Roxio to blame?

After all it was the Blackberry program that started uninstalling

Have you contacted them to ask why their program behaves like that?

I also just installed Blackberry's Desktop Manager 4.2 (which includes Roxio Media Manager for Blackberry) ... unfortunately this little BUGGER demands to completely uninstall EVERY program associated with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (which I bought and installed a few months ago.)

The Blackberry program works great, but it completely disabled all my EMC9 settings and I can't write to a DVD or CD now. STUPID.

I am now re-installing EMC9 from my retail CD, but it is UNINSTALLING the Blackberry Media Manager.

WOW ... somebody at Roxio has "head-up-butt-itis" ... anybody has a fix, work-around, modification ... (ANYBODY FROM ROXIO READING THIS??), please post here.

The Blackberry one is a stipped down version 9 product as I understand it. So you can only have one or the other installed. I don;t know why you'd want the limited one from Blackberry, the retail EMC 9 suite should work for you.

Well, gee willikers. Did EMC 9 work before you installed the Blackberry? Wow is right. YOU, or BLACKBERRY, may have messed up a good thing.

After messing around with my computer for 4 hours (including trying and failing to use the System Restore option to try to restore my computer to an earlier state and getting "certificate errors" -- this is how I fixed the problem.

1) Used XP system restore to get to an earlier configuration state prior (when i had an earlier version of Blackberry desktop than 4.2SP2

2) reinstalled my Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 software (I shouldn't have needed to do this - but System Restore was imperfect and after the restore point I was having errors when trying to launch the Roxio programs)

3) Installed the "Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English).exe" version of Desktop (which you can download from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry....B93E4F3BB068C22

This version of Desktop Software actually integrates with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 -- once it's installed the Media Manager icon shows up in Desktop Manager - and when you launch it brings up the full featured Media Manager that is part of Easy Media Creator 9.

Good luck..

I tried this solution of downloading the Blackberry "Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English).exe" version of Desktop, and yes it integrates with EMC 9, however, EMC 9 Media manager still does not recognise my Blackberry phone when it is connected. Has anyone else run into the same problem?