• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

A Slideshow With Video Clips

gmacosko

Question

I understand how to use VideoWave to create a production/movie with single photos and video clips. I would like to create a DVD slideshow that moves to the next VideoWave "frame" when you push the DVD player's "next" button. I want a Powerpoint production, but mix digital slides with video clips. I need no audio. I want slides to hold until manually advanced, and video clips to start playing immediately when "next" is pushed. Now "next" advances to the next chapter, not the next clip within a chapter. To achieve this affect, must I create a "chapter" for each digital photo and each video clip, and push the "pause" button to keep a photo in place while talking about it?

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple.

Thank you for your help

10 answers to this question

Well, you can do the slide type part, sort of, but the only way I have seen it possible is to use the add slideshow function from within My DVD to add a new slideshow as a menu item. During that process (it uses slideshow assistant), there was an option to do this. I believe it actually does treat each slide as a chapter. You might want to play around with the slideshow assistant and see what yo can come up with.

Thank you

So it sounds as if I would create alternative chapters, one with only slides, then one with ONE video clip followed by one with only slides etc?

Thank you

I have done this many time. It works slightly differently with different slide show creation programs. In VideoWave, you create a slideshow with a long duration for each slide. Then you create a chapter at each transition. There is a way to do this automatically. Then the next/skip goes to the next chapter. The best way to make a slideshow mixed with movie clips is MyDVD 6, however MyDVD 8 is supposed to do this but I have had many problems with it. MyDVD 6 automatically creates chapters at each slide. MyDVD Slideshow in EMC 7.5 works great to created slideshows but you can't mix in movie clips.

Perhpas a solution in the next VideoWave update would be the ability to insert a chapter break as a transition

In MyDVD 8, when you create a slideshow, you can select the "DVD Projector" transition. That holds the images until you press the Next button. Don't need to press the pause button. Very nice.

I didn't see a way to include a video within a slideshow and be able to use the DVD Projector transition. You may need to keep the slideshows and videos as separate movies.

After almost six months working with Version 8, I still learn something almost every day. :) Hats off to you for posting that information. :huh:

In MyDVD 8, when you create a slideshow, you can select the "DVD Projector" transition. That holds the images until you press the Next button. Don't need to press the pause button. Very nice.

I didn't see a way to include a video within a slideshow and be able to use the DVD Projector transition. You may need to keep the slideshows and videos as separate movies.

Great tip. Thanks for posting that. :)

Well, you can do the slide type part, sort of, but the only way I have seen it possible is to use the add slideshow function from within My DVD to add a new slideshow as a menu item. During that process (it uses slideshow assistant), there was an option to do this. I believe it actually does treat each slide as a chapter. You might want to play around with the slideshow assistant and see what yo can come up with.

Thank you

So it sounds as if I would create alternative chapters, one with only slides, then one with ONE video clip followed by one with only slides etc?

Thank you

I have done this many time. It works slightly differently with different slide show creation programs. In VideoWave, you create a slideshow with a long duration for each slide. Then you create a chapter at each transition. There is a way to do this automatically. Then the next/skip goes to the next chapter. The best way to make a slideshow mixed with movie clips is MyDVD 6, however MyDVD 8 is supposed to do this but I have had many problems with it. MyDVD 6 automatically creates chapters at each slide. MyDVD Slideshow in EMC 7.5 works great to created slideshows but you can't mix in movie clips.

Great, just goes to show how much we all learn from each other.

Archived