HELP! GO VIDEO DVD Player

drdocument

Question

Please help, anyone, if you can.

I'm burning a DVD in Toast 6 from a QuickTime movie. The DVD plays just fine in my Sony home DVD player, but will not play in a GO VIDEO DVD player (at church where I want to play it).

I suspect some of the QuickTime settings of the movie may be contributing to this problem.

Any advice on settings to use in QuickTime? I can export the movie again and change the audio and video settings, then re-create the DVD in Toast.

In Toast I have checked DVD Video, NTSC, Standard video quality, Dolby Digital audio format and Auto-Play is checked.

Any ideas or advice much appreciated!

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Presuming the Go Video DVD player can play burned DVDs then the most likely issue is it is having trouble reading that brand or type of disc. You could try DVD+R if this was a DVD-R or use a different brand. Maybe set the burning speed to 4X instead of Best.

I'm reasonably confident this is a media issue and not an encoding or DVD authoring issue.

Thanks a bunch!

Would the audio settings make any difference, PCM versus Digital Audio?

Video of Standard versus High quality?

I wouldn't think so, since it doesn't play at all. But just checking.

I've burned a new DVD at 1x, so we'll see what happens.

Just out of curiosity, why would the brand of DVD make any difference?

Thanks a bunch!

Would the audio settings make any difference, PCM versus Digital Audio?

Video of Standard versus High quality?

I wouldn't think so, since it doesn't play at all. But just checking.

I've burned a new DVD at 1x, so we'll see what happens.

Just out of curiosity, why would the brand of DVD make any difference?

This question is asked over and over in these forums, this site may help you better understand the problems with different media...... http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Thanks!

I downloaded DVD Media Inspector and found that the Comp-USA media I was using was 3rd class, so I'm going to try a Verbatim "Digital Movie" DVD which according to the chart is 1st class.

Would PCM or Digital Audio make any difference?

It's interesting that the Comp-USA DVDs work just fine in my Sony DVD player (and DVD recorder, for that matter), but not in the GO Video. Hmmm.

Ken ;)

Archived