Dvd Builder: Menus, Buttons Movies & Clips

jamaurer

I'm new to putting video on DVD and I'm having trouble getting "DVD Builder" to do what I want it to.

What I want: I have a video from my camcorder that has five natural segments (it's a kid's violin recital with five individual kids' pieces). I would like to have DVD menu buttons that let me jump to the beginning of each of the five segments. Once playing, I would like the video to play through to the end. In other words, if I start at the first segment, I would like to play though and see all five segments continuously.

What I'm getting: I split the video into five "clips" and then moved the "clips" into separate "movies". I have a button for each "movie". I almost get the desired behavior, except that each individual "movie" plays and then returns to the menu. I'm not getting the continous playthrough. If I *don't* make the "clips "into separate "movies" (i.e., leave it as one "movie" containing five "clips"), then I can't find any way to associate the "clips" with menu buttons.

Other info: Using DVD Builder as packaged with "Easy CD DVD Creator 6", running on Win XP. I'm getting this behavior well before I get to the "burn" process (that is, the "previewer" exhibits this behavior), though I've tried it on DVDs burned on Sony, Plextor and Phillips drives with consistent results.

Any thoughts on what I should try next? Or am I expecting the software to do something it just won't do?

Thanks,

-jm

I'm new to putting video on DVD and I'm having trouble getting "DVD Builder" to do what I want it to.

What I want: I have a video from my camcorder that has five natural segments (it's a kid's violin recital with five individual kids' pieces). I would like to have DVD menu buttons that let me jump to the beginning of each of the five segments. Once playing, I would like the video to play through to the end. In other words, if I start at the first segment, I would like to play though and see all five segments continuously.

What I'm getting: I split the video into five "clips" and then moved the "clips" into separate "movies". I have a button for each "movie". I almost get the desired behavior, except that each individual "movie" plays and then returns to the menu. I'm not getting the continous playthrough. If I *don't* make the "clips "into separate "movies" (i.e., leave it as one "movie" containing five "clips"), then I can't find any way to associate the "clips" with menu buttons.

Other info: Using DVD Builder as packaged with "Easy CD DVD Creator 6", running on Win XP. I'm getting this behavior well before I get to the "burn" process (that is, the "previewer" exhibits this behavior), though I've tried it on DVDs burned on Sony, Plextor and Phillips drives with consistent results.

Any thoughts on what I should try next? Or am I expecting the software to do something it just won't do?

Thanks,

-jm

File – Preferences – Navigation tab

post-39-1140641746.jpg

Archived