MyDVD Essentials Problem

tonyva

Question

Hello,

Me too bought MyDVD Essentials 8 and made several DVDs, and saved in the hard disk. Now tried writing with Nero , get the same "Reallocation failed" error. Tried IMGBurn, they too give some error and resulting DVD will not play in any standard DVD player from Sony/Panasonic

Tried using the "Easy Media Creator 8 " evaluation version, it copied without giving any error, but the resultant DVD didnt play.

So it seems the problem is with the "MyDVD Essentials 8"

Is there any program that can check the compatability of the resultant DVD made by MyDVD Essentials 8 ?

Tony

7 answers to this question

This is the whole story,

I took video using my camcorder so they are not write protected. Transfered the files in to PC and made the movies with windows movie maker.

Made several DVDs with SonicMyDVD essentials 8, and stored in HDD until recently I buy a DVD multi drive.

Now I have around 15 DVDs in HDD that nero gives error, and wont play if write to DVD, ignoring warnings.

One funny thing is that I tried demo version of some dvd encoders(I forgot which) before buying MyDVD and those DVDs I can write with Nero and they play on Panasonic/Sony players.

This is the whole story,

I took video using my camcorder so they are not write protected. Transfered the files in to PC and made the movies with windows movie maker.

Made several DVDs with SonicMyDVD essentials 8, and stored in HDD until recently I buy a DVD multi drive.

Now I have around 15 DVDs in HDD that nero gives error, and wont play if write to DVD, ignoring warnings.

One funny thing is that I tried demo version of some dvd encoders(I forgot which) before buying MyDVD and those DVDs I can write with Nero and they play on Panasonic/Sony players.

You mentioned using Nero, twice, in this thread. You could check their forums, since you haven't really mentioned using MyDVD Essentials, although it would be hard to tell if you actually did, from your posts. I never heard of an EMC 8 evaluation version.

It sounds like you have a multitude of video programs on your hard drive, and they are interferring with each other.

Hello,

Me too bought MyDVD Essentials 8 and made several DVDs, and saved in the hard disk. Now tried writing with Nero , get the same "Reallocation failed" error. Tried IMGBurn, they too give some error and resulting DVD will not play in any standard DVD player from Sony/Panasonic

Tried using the "Easy Media Creator 8 " evaluation version, it copied without giving any error, but the resultant DVD didnt play.

So it seems the problem is with the "MyDVD Essentials 8"

Is there any program that can check the compatability of the resultant DVD made by MyDVD Essentials 8 ?

Tony

So many possibilities - How much free space do you have on your hard drive? When did you last defrag it.

Where did you get the video files? Are you sure they are not write protected?

How did you copy the files to your disc? Are you formatting the discs?

Google for that error there are lots of possibilities. including this one.

Hi,

First of all answer to Sknis questions,

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? -- > 10GB ,

When did you last defrag it -- > I defragmented it after your mail,

[i dont think those above has any effect as I could burn the DVD ripped from another DVD-video using Nero and it plays well in standalone player]

Where did you get the video files? --> Its movies taken by myself using my camcorder , captured to PC and made movie my windows movie maker, made menus, and

converted to DVD format in NTSC format using Roxio MyDVD Essentials 8, and stored in the HDD

Are you sure they are not write protected? -->Not write protected

How did you copy the files to your disc? --> I selected the DVD-Video option in the nero, then copy the files in the VIDEO_TS folders and press the "burn"

button .

It stops with "Reallocation failed" message, with option to continue or exit, Continue option warns that "the resulting DVD may not play" ,

I found that the DVD is not recognized in stand alone players as warned be Nero

Are you formatting the discs? --> I am not formatting the disks. Do I have to ?( how can you format a DVD-R disk ?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can make backups of the DVD-Videos I bought without with nero and they play in the stand alone player. I rip them to my HDD and write to DVDs using nero.

(So the method is similar to the above case)

Same PC, same HDD, same nero , so only thing I can suspect for the error is the DVD authoring tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did a lot of search in the net and found similar posts but none with a dvd file authored originally.

One link here talks about same issue

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/ner...ge-t285954.html

Tried to use the IFOedit as johnl123 suggested in the link,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/313759

and FixVTS

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/fixvts_guide.cfm

at some stage error with "Reallocation" stopped but the resultant DVD didnt play

To elliminate the dependancy on nero, I made an iso image of the DVD and burn with IMGburn but didnt help.

Then came across this link

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/dvd...lp-t226863.html

suggesting the non existance of VTS_01_0.vob is the issue behing the issue and checking the

videoTS folder created by MyDVD, I found that none of the folders contains VTS_01_0.VOB.

So wondering if that is the cause,

More interestingly, how come the DVD VIDEO_TS folder do not have VTS_01_0.VOB file , I have never seen a DVD which do not has VTS_01_0.VOB file.

Hi,

First of all answer to Sknis questions,

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? -- > 10GB ,

When did you last defrag it -- > I defragmented it after your mail,

[i dont think those above has any effect as I could burn the DVD ripped from another DVD-video using Nero and it plays well in standalone player]

Where did you get the video files? --> Its movies taken by myself using my camcorder , captured to PC and made movie my windows movie maker, made menus, and

converted to DVD format in NTSC format using Roxio MyDVD Essentials 8, and stored in the HDD

Are you sure they are not write protected? -->Not write protected

How did you copy the files to your disc? --> I selected the DVD-Video option in the nero, then copy the files in the VIDEO_TS folders and press the "burn"

button .

It stops with "Reallocation failed" message, with option to continue or exit, Continue option warns that "the resulting DVD may not play" ,

I found that the DVD is not recognized in stand alone players as warned be Nero

Are you formatting the discs? --> I am not formatting the disks. Do I have to ?( how can you format a DVD-R disk ?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can make backups of the DVD-Videos I bought without with nero and they play in the stand alone player. I rip them to my HDD and write to DVDs using nero.

(So the method is similar to the above case)

Same PC, same HDD, same nero , so only thing I can suspect for the error is the DVD authoring tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did a lot of search in the net and found similar posts but none with a dvd file authored originally.

One link here talks about same issue

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/ner...ge-t285954.html

Tried to use the IFOedit as johnl123 suggested in the link,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/313759

and FixVTS

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/fixvts_guide.cfm

at some stage error with "Reallocation" stopped but the resultant DVD didnt play

To elliminate the dependancy on nero, I made an iso image of the DVD and burn with IMGburn but didnt help.

Then came across this link

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/dvd...lp-t226863.html

suggesting the non existance of VTS_01_0.vob is the issue behing the issue and checking the

videoTS folder created by MyDVD, I found that none of the folders contains VTS_01_0.VOB.

So wondering if that is the cause,

More interestingly, how come the DVD VIDEO_TS folder do not have VTS_01_0.VOB file , I have never seen a DVD which do not has VTS_01_0.VOB file.

Sorry, I'm totally lost by what you say. If you can't get it to work with Nero and other programs, perhaps you may need to go elsewhere for help. You are are lost by the VOB files. Don't burn to folders, just burn to an iso file and then copy to the DVD or just burn to the blank DVD.

You are now your own worst enemy. You know just enough to be dangerous and seem not to want to listen to help.

So many possibilities - How much free space do you have on your hard drive? When did you last defrag it.

Where did you get the video files? Are you sure they are not write protected?

How did you copy the files to your disc? Are you formatting the discs?

Google for that error there are lots of possibilities. including this one.

Hi,

I found that the VIDEO_TS folder created by MyDVD do not have the VTS_01_0.VOB file. Is it required by DVD standard ? I checked the DVD Videos I rented and all have the VTS_01_0.VOB file. How come MyDVD do not produce that file ?

Is this could be the cause of the error ?

Tony

Hi,

I found that the VIDEO_TS folder created by MyDVD do not have the VTS_01_0.VOB file. Is it required by DVD standard ? I checked the DVD Videos I rented and all have the VTS_01_0.VOB file. How come MyDVD do not produce that file ?

Is this could be the cause of the error ?

Tony

Congratulations :angry2: I asked four questions and you did not reapond to any of them. I'm not going to bother unless you respond. Perhaps some one else will. :glare:

Archived