No Menu On Dvd Player.

dk5290

Question

Well I final got a movie burned and it works on all my Stand Alone DVD players. Now my problem is no menu when the DVD starts up. It goes right into the my home movie. Everything looks good in MyDVD, so I save it to an ISO file, but when I copy it from the ISO to the disc I seem to lose my Menu. I've already updated my burner firmware and driver. and I don't have any virus software on the computer because it's not hooked to the internet. My OS is XP Pro. It does it with both brands of disc I tried. Any Thoughts? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I got brave and put the content disc back on. So far so good. I'm getting about an hour of video per disc. Is that about right? Thanks.

That is correct. There are some ways of getting a little more on a disc but unless you really need to, more discs are better. If you want to read (search for) "iso files" and fit on disc. There have been some excellent posts on this.

Have fun and congratulations on making your first productions.

Two possibilities. If you have that movie set as the introduction movie, the disc will play that way and then go to the menu at the end. Second possibility, when you use disc copier to copy the iso file, make sure you are in the Cd and DVD copy mode and that all is selected. If you are in the compilation mode, it is possible to select just the movie to be copied to the disc. :huh:

Please post back if either of these help. I'm wondering if it is one of these or something else. :)

Well I final got a movie burned and it works on all my Stand Alone DVD players. Now my problem is no menu when the DVD starts up. It goes right into the my home movie. Everything looks good in MyDVD, so I save it to an ISO file, but when I copy it from the ISO to the disc I seem to lose my Menu. I've already updated my burner firmware and driver. and I don't have any virus software on the computer because it's not hooked to the internet. My OS is XP Pro. It does it with both brands of disc I tried. Any Thoughts? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I didn't have it as the intro. movie, and it was in the CD/DVD mode. What I did do is uninstall EMC8 then used restore to go back before I ever installed EMC8. I reinstall EMC8 but did not install the second disc, the one with the premium contents. Now everything is working fine. Do you know what this second disc is and do I need to install it? I'm afraid to do anything now that it seem to be running right.

Again thank you for your help.

Sorry there was a third possibility in MyDVD, you can select to make a DVD without a menus by going to file/new/ DVD without menu./ I had forgotten about that. Sorry :)

The content disc contains all the extra transitions, menu backgrounds, photosuite templates and more. I don't remember everything. Installing the content disc should not effect the installation that you have.

Thanks for the help. I didn't have it as the intro. movie, and it was in the CD/DVD mode. What I did do is uninstall EMC8 then used restore to go back before I ever installed EMC8. I reinstall EMC8 but did not install the second disc, the one with the premium contents. Now everything is working fine. Do you know what this second disc is and do I need to install it? I'm afraid to do anything now that it seem to be running right.

Again thank you for your help.

Archived