• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Super-duper Effects

richardteam

Question

Hey, I am trying to make a movie with really cool effects - like stuff disappearing and appearing out of nowhere, and weapons materializing in people's hands when they fight, and stuff like that. I have a CGI program, but I need to figure out just how to combine the effects of CGI with VideoWave. Is it possible with chroma-key, or is there a simpler way?

3 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley

It depends.....

You could drag that sword onto the Overlay track in the Timeline. Then choose Edit\ Overlay and size it and move it into the person's hand. There are Path options that would allow the sword to fade in and out, fly in and out, etc.

However, you might have to use the Chroma key option to get rid of the background.

Does that help?

That's kinda what I thought was the answer... but I was just wondering if there is a way to sync. the two videos so that the hand doesn't move faster than the sword, and then the cool movie becomes a comedy, if you know what I'm saying. Or is it just a long matter of time? Also, are there any effects, transitions, etc. that are provided with the suit that can help? Any info is useful, tnx.

Archived