• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
richardteam

Sound Issue

Question

When I add a sound clip or any kind - this even counts for Native Audio - the first (approximately) half second is cut off, and does not sound. Then it's normal and all, but before that, it just cuts off. This is annoying if I add clips that begin instantly, or when clips switch from one to another without a transition. It sounds dull when you have a nice video, and then all of a sudden a half second with no sound. It breaks the reality, and the comfort of the video. Also, if the songs begin a nano-second late, sometimes, their intro isn't good. Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

Since you are making a lot of posts and many times your issue may be related to your computer hardware, it is important to post that information. Use "My Control" above and select edit signature. Put in your important computer specs. Thanks.

Assuming that you have a fast computer, make sure that you are running clean and fast. Do not have any other programs running when you are doing video work. Make sure that you are disconnected from the internet, that you have cleaned (anti-spyware) and defragged your hard drive, that you then reboot. Now shut down your anti-spyware, anti-virus and anything else you are running.

See if there are updates for your sound card or chips - in fact, update all your drivers for both sound and video (and burner while you are at it.) Once we see your computer specs, we may have more suggestions.

When I add a sound clip or any kind - this even counts for Native Audio - the first (approximately) half second is cut off, and does not sound. Then it's normal and all, but before that, it just cuts off. This is annoying if I add clips that begin instantly, or when clips switch from one to another without a transition. It sounds dull when you have a nice video, and then all of a sudden a half second with no sound. It breaks the reality, and the comfort of the video. Also, if the songs begin a nano-second late, sometimes, their intro isn't good. Any suggestions?

Guest mlpasley
When I add a sound clip or any kind - this even counts for Native Audio - the first (approximately) half second is cut off, and does not sound.

Check under Edit\ Sound and make certain that the default is not set to 'fade in' the sound.

Alright. I posted up the comp. specs. Nope, the "fade-in" thing isn't it. It's just a part of a second... maybe saying that it's a second is too much. Doesn't everybody get that? When the video clips change and there is some background noise or sound (as it usually is to an extent when taping with Mini DV Cameras), the sound is just dead for about 1/3 or 1/2 a second between the clips. It takes about 1/4 a second for the sound to "start-up" and "end". This happens with every single sound file, even in the native audio track.