• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems with Roxio Media Import

DNacht

Question

I am trying to take phone video from my SD memory card and putting them on Roxio Media Import using my Dell Inspiron E1405 (Microsoft Vista). When I click on the video import tab, it says "there are no devices available for this media type". The photo tab however says there is an f: drive recognized but the DCIM, and my flix folders as well as all other folders say the list is empty. This is not possible because when I put my SD card back in my phone, I can view the videos.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!! Thank you!

9 answers to this question

Each video is a 3G2 File (.3g2) and it says it opens with Roxio Media Capture

You need to change the file association if you want to open them in some other app by double clicking on the file. Try right click, click open with.. instead of open. Of course that assumes that you do have an app that will open them.

It's possible that the file type isn't being recognised - can you drag and drop the pictures from the F: drive to your hard drive in Windows (or does that not recognise them either)?

If you can move them over and open them in Windows, then check on the file extension as to whether or not it's a recognised extension for EMC

I can drag the video files to Windows but I can't open them because when I try to play them, Roxio Media Import opens and then I'm back to where I started. You mentioned checking the file extension, however I don't know how to do that, but I'm guessing that since Windows doesn't open them, that it wouldn't be a recognized extension for EMC anyways. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help.

It's possible that the file type isn't being recognised - can you drag and drop the pictures from the F: drive to your hard drive in Windows (or does that not recognise them either)?

If you can move them over and open them in Windows, then check on the file extension as to whether or not it's a recognised extension for EMC

That sounds about right.Roxio probably isn't seeing your phone as a device or even a card reader for that matter.Media Import is for capturing.Try doing like Daithi said and take he card,put it in a reader and copy the files to your hard drive.Now just try and add them as a file into VideoWave or MyDVD.

Using a card reader is the way to go alright. However. Most card readers will not accept the very, very small memory chip that fits most cameras. So what I had to do was purchase another gadget that run off a USB port and has a small side insert that fits most camera chips. Works like a charm for transferring all my short videos and photos I take with my digital camera, over to my computer.

(Reference attachment)

Frank...

Archived