• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Corrupted audio in VideoWave production

civers

Question

New to this forum. Using Videowave, I created a video with 22 panels with the filmstrip transition between each panel. Each panel had about 22 seconds of music and 10 seconds blank space after the music. Transitions are 1.5 seconds in length throughout the production. The colored panel contains just a color and a number to match the panel number (#1-22). The very first panel's song was corrupted (it played fine inside Videowave, but not on a DVD -R that was burned later and not in Windows Media Player (it has sporadic sound (blank spots). I added an additional opening panel before the first song, which just has text and an assigned color, but no audio. But that didn't fix the problem. Here is my system info:

Operating System: Windows XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)

System: HP Pavilion 061

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Memory: 958 MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Display: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (Driver: 6.14.0010.8205)

Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Versoin 5.10.0000.5213

Thanks for any help!

2 answers to this question

New to this forum. Using Videowave, I created a video with 22 panels with the filmstrip transition between each panel. Each panel had about 22 seconds of music and 10 seconds blank space after the music. Transitions are 1.5 seconds in length throughout the production. The colored panel contains just a color and a number to match the panel number (#1-22). The very first panel's song was corrupted (it played fine inside Videowave, but not on a DVD -R that was burned later and not in Windows Media Player (it has sporadic sound (blank spots). I added an additional opening panel before the first song, which just has text and an assigned color, but no audio. But that didn't fix the problem. Here is my system info:

Operating System: Windows XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)

System: HP Pavilion 061

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Memory: 958 MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Display: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (Driver: 6.14.0010.8205)

Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Versoin 5.10.0000.5213

Thanks for any help!

Ah, the infamous 061. Several people have has problems with that computer; here is one.. First try updating the drivers for your sound card and for your video card. I tried searching for you but I could not narrow it down to your 061. If there are no updates there, then you might try the manufacturers; here for your sound card and then the driver for your video card here. As usual, please make sure these are the correct ones before you install them and follow the installation instructions.

When you go to burn the project in MyDVD, encode the project to an ISO file. (Un-check the other options). When the encoding finishes, Copy the ISO file to a disc. Creating the ISO file separates the encoding from the burning so your computer doesn't have to try to do and keep track of two things at once.

Make sure that you are using a good brand of disc; Memorex and house brands tend to be those where most problem occur.

Thanks for the VERY informative reply. I was unaware of issues with the HP. I'll go work on those updates. And thanks for the suggestion regarding burning the DVD. (I only use TDKs - Memorex make good coasters. ;)

Cheryl

Ah, the infamous 061. Several people have has problems with that computer; here is one.. First try updating the drivers for your sound card and for your video card. I tried searching for you but I could not narrow it down to your 061. If there are no updates there, then you might try the manufacturers; here for your sound card and then the driver for your video card here. As usual, please make sure these are the correct ones before you install them and follow the installation instructions.

When you go to burn the project in MyDVD, encode the project to an ISO file. (Un-check the other options). When the encoding finishes, Copy the ISO file to a disc. Creating the ISO file separates the encoding from the burning so your computer doesn't have to try to do and keep track of two things at once.

Make sure that you are using a good brand of disc; Memorex and house brands tend to be those where most problem occur.

Archived