• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pc And Mac Burning Dvds

photoaz

I have been trying to DVDs for a MAC client. I use a Windows XP Classic 6 for burning but only CDs can be read. I have used both R+ and R- disks but they are just not being seen on the MAC. I am burning Tiff images so the files are cross platformed.

I thought that since Roxio also makes Toast that this would not be a problem. Is there a software that will make DVDs on a Windows box that can be read by MACs?

It also depends on the OS version that the MAC'a are running.

OS-X should read Joliet without a problem. Prior version must use the ISO9660 as Gary indicated.

I do not believe any MAC can read UDF from a Data Disc…

Let us know what you find out.

I assume you are not making the mitake of formatting the disc ...?

Lynn

These are just stright Data Dvds using Classic Create. I even set them up to not copy any hidden or system files. Still the Mac can not read the DVDs. I am beginning to think that since PC and Mac people do not exchange disks that much that it is not something written into the software at this time.

These are just stright Data Dvds using Classic Create. I even set them up to not copy any hidden or system files. Still the Mac can not read the DVDs. I am beginning to think that since PC and Mac people do not exchange disks that much that it is not something written into the software at this time.

People do this every day with the software. The key is in the data format type. You need to go into the options or preferences in Creator Classic and change the data type as noted by Gary. If you do this, then there is no reason the mac shouldn't be able to read the disc.

I believe you have to use ISO9660 bridge for the Mac. Mac should also be able to read JPG and PNG files, too.

Archived