How to Output for best YouTube Quality

Delt

Question

Summary: Okay, I think my problem is that I have avi files that are 640x480 and I need to find the best output to 320x240. Can I do this without making my video blurry?

Okay... I have a completed production ready to Output. It has some text in the video, not added by Roxio, so I need to have the quality stay good.

Youtube requires no more than 100 MB files. In order to meet that, I output as Windows Media Video 9, 640x480 VBR. This worked pretty dang well and I can watch it in Windows Media Player fine and the file is 10 minutes long and 64 MB. I lost some quality but am still satisfied considering how much compression was done. I can still read text.

Here is the problem, when I upload to YouTube they compress it to meet their flash player requirments and YUCK. My hours spent on this video are wasted.

I did some reading and learned the YouTube wants 320x240 and the highest bitrate possible.

I think the problem is that if I save in anything 320x240 my video gets blurry. I would think I could shrink it without this problem.

Help! There must be a way to get my video smaller and not get blurry.

I don't seem to be able to edit WMA setting on the output in order to choose my own bitrate, etc. Also, what file would be a step up in quality without getting too much bigger in size?

1 answer to this question

Summary: Okay, I think my problem is that I have avi files that are 640x480 and I need to find the best output to 320x240. Can I do this without making my video blurry?

Okay... I have a completed production ready to Output. It has some text in the video, not added by Roxio, so I need to have the quality stay good.

Youtube requires no more than 100 MB files. In order to meet that, I output as Windows Media Video 9, 640x480 VBR. This worked pretty dang well and I can watch it in Windows Media Player fine and the file is 10 minutes long and 64 MB. I lost some quality but am still satisfied considering how much compression was done. I can still read text.

Here is the problem, when I upload to YouTube they compress it to meet their flash player requirments and YUCK. My hours spent on this video are wasted.

I did some reading and learned the YouTube wants 320x240 and the highest bitrate possible.

I think the problem is that if I save in anything 320x240 my video gets blurry. I would think I could shrink it without this problem.

Help! There must be a way to get my video smaller and not get blurry.

I don't seem to be able to edit WMA setting on the output in order to choose my own bitrate, etc. Also, what file would be a step up in quality without getting too much bigger in size?

There you have it. You are really looking for quality on a YouTube video? I haven't seen any great quality on any YT video.

Archived