output DVD from mydvd in WMV format

Dang

Question

5 answers to this question

You are correct Bruce in that a .dmsm file can be output by VIDEOWAVE to other formats, but if he only has his project in MyDVD (.dmsd as stated), he will have to do it over in Videowave to output it.

As far as I can tell, MyDVD has no way to 'output to file' even when you switch to edit movie mode.

You are correct Bruce in that a .dmsm file can be output by VIDEOWAVE to other formats, but if he only has his project in MyDVD (.dmsd as stated), he will have to do it over in Videowave to output it.

As far as I can tell, MyDVD has no way to 'output to file' even when you switch to edit movie mode.

Thanks, Gary. I missed that. Just another senior moment. :)

Well, if it is in MyDVD, he can burn the production to an .ISO file, then use the Compilation in Disc Copier to burn it to the hard drive as a .wmv file. I think that will work.

I created a DVD project in MC9 and it only saves it in dmsd. I would like to save it a an wmv file so I can upload it to a web site to sahre it with family and friends. How can I do this? Dan

The .dmsm file is only a set of instructions to tell the software what to do when you burn the production in MyDVD. You can't save it as anything else.

However, you can click on File/Output To, and output your production to any number of formats. WMV is one of the formats.

Archived