Stas

Provocation

Question

Hi Everyone,

Just for your information, Roxio 10 is now available for preorder on Amazon.com:

Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10

Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Deluxe

Availability: This item will be released on September 20, 2007. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Nero 8 is available for preorder as well:

Nero 8 Ultra Edition

Availability: This item will be released on September 1, 2007.

I guess those who are waiting for The Patch will especially like this news. :)

Best Regards.

Just for your information, Roxio 10 is now available for preorder on Amazon.com:

I guess those who are waiting for The Patch will especially like this news. :)

That's actually disheartening news. :( It just raises a lot of questions in my mind. Was EMC9 Suite so flawed that they had to release a new product? What will 10 have that 9 didn't? If 10 is better than 9, why even worry about the patch for 9 anymore? There were a lot of people who bought EMC9 Suite for $99, and never got it to work, and now Roxio releases 10? Will the owners of 9 get a free upgrade to 10, or will they be expected to pay full price? I could go on and I'm sure many others out there will have questions too.

Nero is being released almost 3 weeks ahead of EMC10. That's not good news for Roxio. If Nero turns out to be a great program, Roxio could be in some serious trouble.

Edited by smonteijr

Was EMC9 Suite so flawed that they had to release a new product?

I think, not really. They just have to release a new version each year, in September.

There will be Roxio 11 in September 2008 if Roxio is doing well at that time.

The quality of new version, how different it is from previous one and what happens to users of previous versions are all different questions...

The last time I told this forum what I thought, I was put in the corner for a few days, lol.

Hehehe :P , for a moment I thought this whole thread was gone... but it's not.

Edited by mdekker

I think, not really. They just have to release a new version each year, in September.

There will be Roxio 11 in September 2008 if Roxio is doing well at that time.

The quality of new version, how different it is from previous one and what happens to users of previous versions are all different questions...

Fairly much the way it works when dealing with a publicly traded company - except MS which does whatever it wants regardless of the stock market.

Will the owners of 9 get a free upgrade to 10, or will they be expected to pay full price?

What do you think? B)

I wouldn't expect to see a free upgrade to a new version, why should they, others don't. I would expect to see some type of discounted pricing for previous version owners tho. They've always done it in the past, so don't see why they wouldn't this time.

What do you think? B)

I wouldn't expect to see a free upgrade to a new version, why should they, others don't. I would expect to see some type of discounted pricing for previous version owners tho. They've always done it in the past, so don't see why they wouldn't this time.

Exactly. Saw similar posts when EMC 8 went to 9 (claiming that needed to be free as well). Besides that, I expect them to keep the magic 9.1 patch on the shelf until a few weeks after the EMC 10 launch, just like a lot of others did (Pinnacle, Ulead, etc.) to make some extra revenue from those who no longer can wait.

Edited by mdekker

Hi all,

It shouldn't be surprising to hear that we have great new products in our pipeline.

We are still committed to providing the Easy Media Creator 9.0 to 9.1 update to our current customers. I wish I could provide the exact date that this will be available... but we won't know the date until we are there. We are in the final phases of testing and it should be a matter of days away... not weeks.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Tom at Roxio

Thanks Tom for the update. Especially for the 9.1 information.

Frank...

it should be a matter of days away... not weeks.

Tnx for the update, it's appreciated... but I won't hold my breath :wacko:

Edited by mdekker

I believe the old saying "you can't make EVERYONE happy"...I really like Roxio....for the price, it's the best out there....or you could try Adobe editing for $3000, then when things go wrong, some folks would REALLY get upset. But I agree with someone who previous mentioned that you can get on any forum site & read about software problems...it's all man made, you know!!

Many have written about Roxio EMC9 going down during transitions in videowave. Well, this is what I discovered....FIRST, SAVE OFTEN!!! Especially before you are going to do transitions or after adding several items....VERY SELDOM WILL ROXIO GO DOWN DURING THESE TRANSITION TIMES: copy another transition and paste it to blank transition area; add/replace transition before current panel, instead of AFTER current panel....but still...SAVE OFTEN..you'll be glad you did!!

This is a great site & I really enjoy coming here to learn! Thanks everyone!!

I believe the old saying "you can't make EVERYONE happy"...I really like Roxio....for the price, it's the best out there....or you could try Adobe editing for $3000, then when things go wrong, some folks would REALLY get upset. But I agree with someone who previous mentioned that you can get on any forum site & read about software problems...it's all man made, you know!!

Many have written about Roxio EMC9 going down during transitions in videowave. Well, this is what I discovered....FIRST, SAVE OFTEN!!! Especially before you are going to do transitions or after adding several items....VERY SELDOM WILL ROXIO GO DOWN DURING THESE TRANSITION TIMES: copy another transition and paste it to blank transition area; add/replace transition before current panel, instead of AFTER current panel....but still...SAVE OFTEN..you'll be glad you did!!

This is a great site & I really enjoy coming here to learn! Thanks everyone!!

You are so absolutely right... only, it's not the issue. The issue is that Roxio has an update ready on the shelves for months now, which it has been promising to deliver to us since the first day EMC9 was for sale about a year ago. Many of us don't bother whether it's a nice update package or simply an installer that needs to be clean installed.

You are so absolutely right... only, it's not the issue. The issue is that Roxio has an update ready on the shelves for months now, which it has been promising to deliver to us since the first day EMC9 was for sale about a year ago. Many of us don't bother whether it's a nice update package or simply an installer that needs to be clean installed.

Oh come on! Next thing you will be telling us it was Roxio on the grassy knoll in Dallas or at Roswell!

If the update was actually ready, it would have been released!

EMC 9.1 rev c was released to retail so why wasn't it made availble to those who bought 9.0? :blink:

Presumably because they haven't got it to work as a patch yet - a program is a different thing

I don't believe that it sits on the shelf. That would make no sense at all. Why would they go through all the trouble of creating a patch and then shelve it? It isn't like the folks who are working on the patch are doing it out of the kindness in their hearts. It is costing Roxio money to create the patch.

But, IMHO, that patch should have been out LONG ago.

Edited by grandpabruce

I agree with the thought that the patch should have been released long ago. Uninstalling 9.0 with the "proper" procedure and then installing 9.1 rev c would have solved some problems and quited some of the critics. Now, IMHO the patch to be released needs to cover both 9.0 and 9.1 because problems exist in both of those releases.

I might switch to "N" if I don't see a patch for 9.1 and I have been using Roxio for years.

Edited by Big_Dave

Actually, I think the patch will just bring 9.0 up to 9.1 - that's all.

I doubt if any company ever brought out a patch to upgrade an upgrade before the first upgrade even hit the servers

This is where Roxio and the Roxio Marketing team needs to step up. Even though Nero 8 is being released 3 weeks ahead of EMC10, neither company has put forth any information on their new products. Roxio could beat Nero to the punch and draw back some of its users with a campaign showing EMC10's muscles. I'd also like to see EMC10 released as a beta or demo. I played a beta version of a new RTS game that is due to hit the shelves in September. We were given a place to post comments and any bugs found. It is available as a preorder and has already gone gold without the demo release yet.

Edited by smonteijr

...then installing 9.1 rev c would have solved some problems and quited some of the critics.
Your making a HUGE assumption. Has been my experience that a patch does NOT always fix everything. Doesn't matter what Roxio does, there will always be users that will complain. Edited by ggrussell