• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD 9

Quadmom

Question

I just purchased CD software and downloaded. I am currently on Visa. I installed both the Program and Content CD. When I open the software and click on anything, the window disappears and comes back to the same screen I also do not see how to start new project. Sorry I am new to all of this. If you can help, I would be greatful.

17 answers to this question

First I assume you men "Vista" . When you say you "opened" the program, how did you open it ? From a desktop Roxio home Icon or from the START--All Programs and then to a particular included program within the suite ?? Also, what version of the Roxio software do you have ?? Need a few more details.

Frank...

Yes, sory I meant Vista. I have MyDVD 9 Studio Preimer. I actually have the software opened by clicking on the shortcut that was put on my desk top. The window says Roxio Home - Welcome

Roxio Home

Version: 9.0.166

Build: 901B66M, DVP

On my start programs this is what it says

MyDVD 9 Studio Preimer with files under it:

Home

Copy

data

My Media

Photo

Tools

Video

"When I open the software and click on anything, the window disappears and comes back to the same screen " ?????

Well, not quite. So far you have been able to open up the program, and also after clicking on "Video" you get another screen that shows several different and separate programs. So now what happens when you get to this last screen and click on "Videowave" ???

If this next screen (Videowave) opens up then tis is the program where you can produce a slide show with photos, music, text slides, overlays, transitions, etc. and save it to later use in the "MyDVD" program to burn a DVD of the production.

Not sure exactly what you want to do with the program once you get it running so what's next ???

Frank...

The second quote here, is what is confusing. There is an Edit, within the VideoWave program. From your statement, I thought that you were in VideoWave.

No matter, it appears you have major problems. I would suggest trying a clean install of the program.

Looks like I will try the clean install and go from there. Just for the record, I an NOT in VideoWave. I can not get past the HOME screen. The "Edit Video with VideoWave" is just one of the selection on the main screen in MyDVD 9. No matter which selection I click on it says at the main screen. I don't have EMC. Thanks for trying to help.

"When I open the software and click on anything, the window disappears and comes back to the same screen " ?????

Well, not quite. So far you have been able to open up the program, and also after clicking on "Video" you get another screen that shows several different and separate programs. So now what happens when you get to this last screen and click on "Videowave" ???

If this next screen (Videowave) opens up then tis is the program where you can produce a slide show with photos, music, text slides, overlays, transitions, etc. and save it to later use in the "MyDVD" program to burn a DVD of the production.

Not sure exactly what you want to do with the program once you get it running so what's next ???

Frank...

That is the problem, I click on Edit with VideoWave and the screen flashes and then it is the same screen with all the items to pick from like Create a DVD, Quick DVD, Plug and Burn, etc..... No mater what I click on it does the same thing. It is not opening anything up anything. Darn this is frustrating. I have Pictures on my PC that I want to put music to for an anniversary to play on a DVD player.

That is the problem, I click on Edit with VideoWave and the screen flashes and then it is the same screen with all the items to pick from like Create a DVD, Quick DVD, Plug and Burn, etc..... No mater what I click on it does the same thing. It is not opening anything up anything. Darn this is frustrating. I have Pictures on my PC that I want to put music to for an anniversary to play on a DVD player.

If you are in VideoWave, why on earth are you clicking on the Edit button? You should be clicking on the Add Photo/Video button if you want to add photos to make a slide show.

Looks like I will try the clean install and go from there. Just for the record, I an NOT in VideoWave. I can not get past the HOME screen. The "Edit Video with VideoWave" is just one of the selection on the main screen in MyDVD 9. No matter which selection I click on it says at the main screen. I don't have EMC. Thanks for trying to help.

Well, hopefully the clean install will work for you.

I guess I'm not either <_<<_<

If you can open Videowave, what are you trying to do the ??? If you have a vido file or photos as you said you have then do as Bruce suggested. Start building your production !! Either that or you will have to explain just what you are trying to do :mellow:

Frank...

Do you see this screen when you open VideoWave?

Frank, Bruce

I don't think the OP is getting into Videowave, he is trying to open it from the "myDV 9 Premier" home page which of course is different then the EMC 9 home page.. When he clicks on VW the same myDV 9 Premier screen opens again

Not so sure Walt--

"What do you get (if anything) when you click on "Video" from Vista Start All programs path ???"

"I see

CineMagic

Media Import

MyDVD

VideoWave" (OP)

"So now what happens when you get to this last screen and click on "Videowave" ???" (Frank)

"I click on Edit with VideoWave " (OP)

?????

I guess you need to answer Burce's question about what you get or see when you click on Videowave, rather than "Edit".

Frank....

Frank, Bruce

I don't think the OP is getting into Videowave, he is trying to open it from the "myDV 9 Premier" home page which of course is different then the EMC 9 home page.. When he clicks on VW the same myDV 9 Premier screen opens again

BINGO! Yes that is exactly it. I would send you a picture but I don't know how. I can't even get to the screen bruce is showing and I don't have EMC 9 that I can see. Do I need this to use myDV 9 Premier? They didn't send that....

BINGO! Yes that is exactly it. I would send you a picture but I don't know how. I can't even get to the screen bruce is showing and I don't have EMC 9 that I can see. Do I need this to use myDV 9 Premier? They didn't send that....

That is the problem, I click on Edit with VideoWave and the screen flashes and then it is the same screen with all the items to pick from like Create a DVD, Quick DVD, Plug and Burn, etc.....

The second quote here, is what is confusing. There is an Edit, within the VideoWave program. From your statement, I thought that you were in VideoWave.

No matter, it appears you have major problems. I would suggest trying a clean install of the program.

Archived